Jhon Durán

PieFacE

he's basically Traore, without the skills, but with muscles, speed and a rocket shot isnt he.

excitement 11/10, WTF are you doing 11/10, off the wall 11/10, erratic-ness 11/10, mental balance and knowing what he is going to do next 1/10.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

He has a shot on him, rifled that in, we sit right in line with the goal, cracking finish

I think we should retire all of the seats directly behind the goals. It's a matter of time before he breaks the net or the posts. Thinking about it, maybe we've delayed announcing the development plans for the North Stand because they're hoping Jhon will reduce the demolition costs with a few goals in the run in?

fce8c1df5dd2c0343928d002c493e5b9.gif

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has that pro evo 5 99 Adriano shot power thing going on and I’m absolutely here for it. 

I remember my mate used to always be Brazil and put Roberto Carlos up front!  I used to run riot with Sol Campbell up front 🤣 Good times.

Plays exactly how you would expect a raw 19 year old would play. I’ve said it countless times but if someone can get hold of this kid and coach him, he could be an unbelievable player. He has all the attributes you need to be a top class striker. Hopefully he develops and makes the most of his undoubted talent! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Plays exactly how you would expect a raw 19 year old would play. I’ve said it countless times but if someone can get hold of this kid and coach him, he could be an unbelievable player. He has all the attributes you need to be a top class striker. Hopefully he develops and makes the most of his undoubted talent! 

Feels like he’s been 19 forever.

I don't see the potential. I think he's strong and powerful with a bullet shot, but that's it. I think he has poor positioning, poor instincts, quite clumsy, no finesse.

The comparison to Bertrand Traore is so wide of the mark. More Adama, and even then his dribbling is not even close. 

I'm usually wrong and look forward to this post being quoted, but i don't see it and if we got an offer of what we paid I'd take it.

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

He actually doesnt. Ollie has him just beaten. Regardless, that just proves that stats mean nothing compared to the eye test. That Vellios for Everton had a similar great goals to minutes ratio for Everton a few years back when he was coming on for cameos at the end of games. It's deceptive when you're not playing 90 minutes each week. He can score great goals but his finishing is very poor. This isnt based just on tonight of course. Poor finishers arent prolific. He can improve of course but generally, you either have it or you dont.

Disagree with a lot of this. Factually, I think you’re wrong - he’s scored one every 144 mins vs Watkins 145 (according to the BBC at least, we may be splitting hairs!). But more importantly the eye test to me he absolutely passes - he keeps scoring great goals. Sure he’s missing chances but he’s 20. Most 20 year olds wouldn’t be getting near them to miss. And it’s way easier to coach finishing (even if you were right about that) than instinct and positioning, which he 100% has.

I suppose it depends on how we define prolific but he’s easily good enough to be scoring double figures every season in the PL given a little more development.

Edited by Adam2003

He's got the first touch of a pinball machine sometimes, and his brain seems to be set to 'score goal' mode, but thought that was one of his better, maybe his best, performance tonight.

There's a player in there, the rough edges just need sanding down, and if anyone can do that, Unai can

8 minutes ago, YLN said:

I don't see the potential. I think he's strong and powerful with a bullet shot, but that's it. I think he has poor positioning, poor instincts, quite clumsy, no finesse.

The comparison to Bertrand Traore is so wide of the mark. More Adama, and even then his dribbling is not even close. 

I'm usually wrong and look forward to this post being quoted, but i don't see it and if we got an offer of what we paid I'd take it.

I think he has that X factor, though. Force of personality. Not exactly the same type of striker, but Didier Drogba springs to mind. Someone who brought their whole personality onto the pitch and made defenders' lives a nightmare, even if they weren't technically the best player.

He's also superb in the air, like that's not even a question of potential, he's already brilliant in the air.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, YLN said:

How would you compare the Ollie of two seasons ago, and the Ollie now?

He is 19

Even if he turns out to be some sort of Michael Antonio that's still a very useful player to have in the squad.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â