Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I think he’s a much better option than people realise.

Yes, very raw, a bit more maverick than Emery probably likes, but what he has is terrifying pace and physicality, mad shot power, and a proper aerial presence.

If Watkins is out for a few games then I hope we just let Duran enjoy the limelight, don’t get on his back too much when things don’t come off.

Seems like a proper confidence player to me who needs to feel loved.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4

Been injured for months looked good. Let’s use some logic when judging his performance young player learning his trade shaking off the rust.

• Like 1

Showed what he's capable of tonight and if I had to choose between him and Rogers to be on the team next season it would be Durán.

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think he’s a much better option than people realise.

Yes, very raw, a bit more maverick than Emery probably likes, but what he has is terrifying pace and physicality, mad shot power, and a proper aerial presence.

If Watkins is out for a few games then I hope we just let Duran enjoy the limelight, don’t get on his back too much when things don’t come off.

Seems like a proper confidence player to me who needs to feel loved.

He is our Darwin Nunez.

He has something. It’s one big raw ball of energy at the moment but boy he has something.

Wouldn’t be selling unless we really had to. 

If all goes well and he avoids injury, he *could* become devestating.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I don't think he will ever be a prolific goalscorer

He’s got the best goals to minute ratio of any player in our squad this season…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s got the best goals to minute ratio of any player in our squad this season…

He actually doesnt. Ollie has him just beaten. Regardless, that just proves that stats mean nothing compared to the eye test. That Vellios for Everton had a similar great goals to minutes ratio for Everton a few years back when he was coming on for cameos at the end of games. It's deceptive when you're not playing 90 minutes each week. He can score great goals but his finishing is very poor. This isnt based just on tonight of course. Poor finishers arent prolific. He can improve of course but generally, you either have it or you dont.

Â