• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

I was asleep in the 2nd half after about 60 minutes snoring, my wife and two sons started screaming and woke me up. Unfortunately, it was not a nightmare whilst slumbering.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Coutinho, Dendoncker, chambers, Olsen, Augustinson, Bednarek, Sanson all second string players. And Bailey should be one

You should be able to trust your squad though .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

wtf.  why is everyone writing off Emery after that.  Emery played it fine.  got the right balance looked at some fringe players and totally nullified stevenage as an attacking force.  Its easy to fix what went wrong today, just sack Dendonker tomorrow or relegate him to the reserves.

No one has written emery off, thats you making things up.

You do know emery has the power to change players and tactics through the game right ?

And if results are not down to the manager then clearly the scouse chancer was wrongly sacked, it was the players fault ?

35 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Gud ebening.....I have come here to win a cup....but not this year has I've f****d up twice by playing shit teams.... especially the team today

Get the **** out with this. 

• Like 3

Well it's probably on a par with my worse FA cup experience..

In 1971 I was 13 and with my old man when we went to see the Villa (now in div 3) play in the first round of the FA cup (for the first time ever?) against Southend.

Awful game and we lost 1 - 0. One lasting memory was the amount of fighting going on between supporters before, during and after the game !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa 59 said:

Soz but don't know how to remove posts otherwise I would 

Taking the piss out of the way a Spaniard speaks English, then writing "soz". I'm in some kind of Aston Villa centric purgatory. 

• Like 1

What’s worrying is we brought on five players who have played a lot of premier league games this season and looked worse than the fringe ones. 

Terrible performance. Emery and the powers that be have got their work cut out in January. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

No one has written emery off, thats you making things up.

You do know emery has the power to change players and tactics through the game right ?

And if results are not down to the manager then clearly the scouse chancer was wrongly sacked, it was the players fault ?

ok so no one has written emery off but the result was all down to him.  resulting in one of our worst results in history.   we'll done.

14 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

No racism there mate. Just predective text gone wrong. And yes I should of edited it. I meant every word about the team selections though...no offence intended to anyone!

There is literally no way your predictive text tried to type "gub ebening" unless it's something you regularly write and have added to your dictionary, so take responsibility for the shit you post.

• Like 4

Can we just calm down a bit here? It was smash and grab by Stevenage and a mediocre performance marred by individual errors. Team selection was all seniors, all more than good enough to do a job. Emery is not at fault here whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The first goal - casual, dangerous play on the edge of our box that led to our demise.

The second goal - how the hell were we so disorganised for their corner! We let one of their players waltz into the box. Then pathetic from Watkins and absolute sack of potatoes birthday blunder from Olsen.

So much work needs to be done with this squad. We need to be making the most of this transfer window...

I agree the first goal was a cock up by an individual. The second goal was through mistakes all over the pitch. We stopped controlling the game and started needlessly giving the ball away. Buendia being the worst culprit. Then it’s almost impossible to comprehend how any team let alone a premier league team can defend a corner like that. 

No real surprise that the soft underbelly came to the fore as soon as any pressure arrived. Unai has lots to do on that front. I think that can largely only be fixed with the cheque book. Big changes coming when you see how weak we are as a squad. As others have pointed out players have stolen a living here for years. The recruitment staff have to take a lot of responsibility for that. I doubt Lange will last past the summer if he even gets to the summer. 

• Like 2

Watched it on the telly box.

Players looked like all they had to do was turn up and Stevenage would let them win...

Always difficult to judge on the telly but I thought Samson played reasonably well. Certainly better than Bailey, and as for Coutinho, we cannot afford to have him cruising through a game and continuing with his attempts at a Hollywood goal....a luxury player that has gone off the boil big time

• Like 2

our shooting was abysmal, but there was absolutely no urgency. At the beginning of the second half it was clear Emery had sent a rocket up their arse to be more proactive and energetic, but after 15 minutes of shitting about in their box with extra touches we stopped, and then went for passing it sideways again

• Like 2

Â