• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Over reaction

Is it? I’m not just reacting to this game. Buendia hasn’t performed for us consistently since he’s been here and Bailey is just greedy and wasteful attempting to play for his big move (and failing spectacularly). Do you honestly think these players will get us europe? Do they start for any other European hopeful in the PL?

Just awful, no urgency again until it was too late.

I really thought we had a chance of doing well in the cup this year due to the draw and with big clubs already out or other clubs drawn against each other in the next round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Genuinely don’t start pedalling this crap again, the team was set up, organised and with a plan.

What you cannot account for is absolute 101 stupidity on the edge of your own box 

Ah, So the plan was to go one up then hold on for 84 mins against semi pro 4th division players 👍

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Whose job is it to prepare the team? This was a 4th division side. 

It's the equivalent of a decent Sunday league side playing the randoms down the park. You don't have to be mentally stable, you just go and do your thing. Stevenage couldn't get a goal against Mansfield Town a few games back. Our players have no excuses!!!

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

After that absolute heap of turd,  it is for me personally time up now for Bailey, Buendia, Augustinsson, Chambers, Olson, and a few others too.

Absolutely disgusting performance.

Buendia played 25 mins. Admittedly not very well, but you're going to lump him in with the likes of Bailey who effectively **** up our entire attack in that game?

Also think it's very harsh on Augustinsson who did little wrong before being injured, meanwhile we conceded two goals with Digne at left back, whom you haven't mentioned...

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Ah, So the plan was to go one up then hold on for 84 mins against semi pro 4th division players 👍

Do you want me to answer such a bone question?

Edited by macandally

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Is it? I’m not just reacting to this game. Buendia hasn’t performed for us consistently since he’s been here and Bailey is just greedy and wasteful attempting to play for his big move (and failing spectacularly). Do you honestly think these players will get us europe? Do they start for any other European hopeful in the PL?

No one has performed well, that’s why 2 managers have gone.

they are both good players and they will show that under emery if he wants them

Just now, paul514 said:

No one has performed well, that’s why 2 managers have gone.

they are both good players and they will show that under emery if he wants them

Well I hope you’re right and want to be proven wrong so we will see I guess. They have to try a lot harder than they have been though. 

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Buendia played 25 mins. Admittedly not very well, but you're going to lump him in with the likes of Bailey who effectively **** up our entire attack in that game?

Also think it's very harsh on Augustinsson who did little wrong before being injured, meanwhile we conceded two goals with Digne at left back, whom you haven't mentioned...

Tbf we were winning before Buendia came on. Though you are right about Bailey. 

Augustinsson was OK, but offered diddly squat going forward.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

We were hardly holding on. They hadn’t had a real shot until we gave them a goal from the penalty. We didn’t play very well but we were coasting to a pretty easy win until dendoncker’s moment of madness.

• Like 3

Just had a conversation with my lad. He said he doesn’t feel any connection to the team and it got me thinking. I hadn’t really thought about it before but I pretty much feel the same. We don’t really have any likeable players anymore and it just doesn’t feel like the players are all in it together like they were 3/4 years ago. Losing Grealish not only changed the dynamic of the team but the football club in general imo. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Wait, am I missing something? You're saying @Villaphan04 is behind Villa's failures to win cups???? Well, @Villaphan04, I sincerely hope you're proud of yourself as the root of all Villa's problems.   

@Villaphan04 Out ..... never rated him/her/it !

Edited by Paul33
  • Haha 1

Despite my opinion that the FA Cup is just an enervating consolation prize for the big boys, it is still all rather embarassing, but it has to be admitted that the humiliation is instructive.

At best we can take consolation in knowing that the new manager has found out the state of his squad, and how much money Villa wasted assembling it.

The defeat has certainly put a dent in the feel-good delusion we were beginning to enjoying.

Congratulations to Stevenage and I hope it doesn't distract from their promotion campaign.

I know from experience that it is much better being the embarrassor than the embarrassee.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Digne is another one who can go for me. Augustinsson is one dimensional. Clearly cannot take on his man and every single time turned inside to cross with his right (poorly). Beundia just constantly gives the ball away, Bailey I agree on but I just don't see remotely enough from our forward players, not even close. It's slow, ponderous, no cutting edge, poor in the air, poor at set pieces, poor shooting from outside the box, poor finishing inside the box, no pace... i mean there literally is not much left. Of course every now & then something goes in but it really does have to be a lot, lot better if we are serious about progressing. 

Just now, WHY said:

Just had a conversation with my lad. He said he doesn’t feel any connection to the team and it got me thinking. I hadn’t really thought about it before but I pretty much feel the same. We don’t really have any likeable players anymore and it just doesn’t feel like the players are all in it together liane they were 3/4 years ago. Losing Grealish not only changed the dynamic of the team but the football club in general imo. 

In the last 3 years I've gone from loving it every week, to not being too attached, to currently thinking I wouldn't give these players the steam off my piss. More fool anyone who'll shell out hundreds of pounds to watch this dross.

• Like 1

The sort of day when you question why do you bother going. Thanks to Mr Gerrard with have a side with zero width. Stevenage were well organised and we were largely unable to break them down. Far too narrow play and often far to slow. We fielded a fairly strong team and still did very little, makes you wonder perhaps we should have just played the kids. I am concerned on Coutinho as he couldn't turn it on even versus a league two side, but no one played well. So even with multi millions of backing, and a known cup expert manager, we still flunk it. At the moment I really don't feel like going on Friday but I have a few days to get this out of the system hopefully. But well done Stevenage they deserved it. Even though the manager is a word removed.

• Like 2

Just got home. Had to apologise for swearing in front of my grand daughter.  Luckily my lad had told her it didn't count at football matches or when driving the car. Well what a load of bllx. Can some one explain why Ings had no service. Why we played so narrow, why we didn't actually try to take the ball around one of their players. Tip tap tip no one ran at them until Ramsay came on. We then played wide we needed some one in the box but took Ings off. I enjoyed the time with my family but the game was shite 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 2

Â