• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

17 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Folks let's look at todays game as a slight blip the proverbial banana skin Stevenage were at arms length all game they had an offside goal marginal but offside plus the shot off the bar.

Villa dominated without killing game off but fundamentally Dendonker has cost if he gets rid and not sent off/Penalty we win 1 nil I'm not normally one for chucking players under the bus but he was so lackadaisical and had his pockets picked and this whole result is on him harsh but fair in my opinion

Emery will get some players in this month same again in summer, everything about him to me just looks right moving forward he will know who he dosnt want here at Villa and sort it.

Emery has history of building up teams and winning trophies he will get us to a better place.

Today was a blip hard to take but  let's stick together and enjoy the ride, I'm sure Emery will take us fans and Aston Villa FC to better places. Emery in his interviews uses the term processes I back him and his playing style it's a work in progress.

" They say you don't choose Aston Villa, it chooses you"  UTV

Get out Mr Positive. 😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ollie should be dropped for this. There's no excuse for that lack of effort. It's a bloody, gigantic embarassment. Not only does he not attempt to charge it down, he stops and pathetically tries a block yards away. Disgraceful lack of effort.

spacer.png

And that sums up why this club is going nowhere with this current crop of “players”.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Am I right in thinking our goalscorers in our last FA Cup win were Idrissa Gueye and Ciaran Clark?

Thought it was Chico Hamilton and Andy Lochhead ..... in fact I'm sure it was !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

And that sums up why this club is going nowhere with this current crop of “players”.

Watkins, famed for his pace, showed none of it. Cowardly, craven performance from him today.

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ollie should be dropped for this. There's no excuse for that lack of effort. It's a bloody, gigantic embarassment. Not only does he not attempt to charge it down, he stops and pathetically tries a block yards away. Disgraceful lack of effort.

spacer.png

It is how far the goalscorer gets inside our penalty area without a "challenge" coming in that is shocking, Even if he doesn't shoot there is another player he can easily play in. Just sooooo bad.

31 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

They all completely switched off for the corner. I was sat a couple of rows behind the goal, olsen was shouting at the defence to get into position but no one moved, then they took it early.

Where was Digne? Nobody there on the left at all. 

Well this seems to be the thread of chronic over reactions.

My take on having been at the game was we utterly disrespected Stevenage and paid the price. Lots of possession and tippy tappy football with virtually no end product. As a few have said on here we treated it like a training game. They were well organised and stuck to their task.

They kept it very simple. Ten men behind the ball for the majority of the game and took their chances when they came For all our possession we have few real scoring chances. With the possible exception of Sanson no Villa player comes out of it with any credit. With better final balls and sensible finishing we would have scored five or more.

The scary bit for me was how poor some of our players really were:

Cash - out smarted for the entire game by a League 2 winger.

Coutinhio - lots of movement but utterly wasteful in his shooting. He is a shadow of the player he once was.

Bailey - beats the players and his final ball is pub football.

Olsen - so far from being a PL goalkeeper it's frightening.

Chambers and Bednarek - both slow and ponderous with the turning circle of supertankers.

We really lacked a decent DM. I think Kamara should have started and definitely should have been brought on.

The manager called this one wrong but was severely let down by the players. My conclusion is we don't have the squad depth we maybe thought we had. OK we can't rectify that in January but we need to bring in another striker, a winger and probably a right back as Young cannot do it all on his own. The media will have a w**kfest as to how brilliant Stevenage were. The truth was they weren't, they just did the simple things much better than us. Their second goal was laughable. Our players took their eye off the ball, literally and metaphorically and paid the price. Ironically Stoke will probably batter them.

Oh and the atmosphere in the ground was bad, Our fans were silent for most of the game, we never got behind the team. It was not helped by many season ticket holders not coming and their seats going to families where the parents spend all their time taking their kids for food or to the toilet. That sounds harsh and young fans have to start somewhere, I accept that but what we ended up with was a very placid Villa Park. By contrast the Stevenage fans had a ball and got behind their team. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well this seems to be the thread of chronic over reactions.

My take on having been at the game was we utterly disrespected Stevenage and paid the price. Lots of possession and tippy tappy football with virtually no end product. As a few have said on here we treated it like a training game. They were well organised and stuck to their task.

They kept it very simple. Ten men behind the ball for the majority of the game and took their chances when they came For all our possession we have few real scoring chances. With the possible exception of Sanson no Villa player comes out of it with any credit. With better final balls and sensible finishing we would have scored five or more.

The scary bit for me was how poor some of our players really were:

Cash - out smarted for the entire game by a League 2 winger.

Coutinhio - lots of movement but utterly wasteful in his shooting. He is a shadow of the player he once was.

Bailey - beats the players and his final ball is pub football.

Olsen - so far from being a PL goalkeeper it's frightening.

Chambers and Bednarek - both slow and ponderous with the turning circle of supertankers.

We really lacked a decent DM. I think Kamara should have started and definitely should have been brought on.

The manager called this one wrong but was severely let down by the players. My conclusion is we don't have the squad depth we maybe thought we had. OK we can't rectify that in January but we need to bring in another striker, a winger and probably a right back as Young cannot do it all on his own. The media will have a w**kfest as to how brilliant Stevenage were. The truth was they weren't, they just did the simple things much better than us. Their second goal was laughable. Our players took their eye off the ball, literally and metaphorically and paid the price. Ironically Stoke will probably batter them.

Oh and the atmosphere in the ground was bad, Our fans were silent for most of the game, we never got behind the team. It was not helped by many season ticket holders not coming and their seats going to families where the parents spend all their time taking their kids for food or to the toilet. That sounds harsh and young fans have to start somewhere, I accept that but what we ended up with was a very placid Villa Park. By contrast the Stevenage fans had a ball and got behind their team. 

All fair but the last paragraph. The atmosphere is crap when the season ticket holders are there too. It’s crap all the time bar the odd 10 mins here and there. And nobody is worse at needing to get up all the time than middle aged men coming in late from the bar, leaving before half time to get to the bar, coming in late from the bar again and leaving early to avoid the traffic.

The rest of your post is pretty accurate, especially the bit about Stevenage being not that good. They were organised but nothing special, we were just lacklustre and out of ideas. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry how do you expect the reaction after a utterly shit defeat to a side 3 divisions below us, at home? The atmosphere was not great because the side offered barely anything for the entire match other than passing the ball sideways.

Was definately a case of the team flattened the crowd for me.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They ain’t semi pro but I agree. No excuse. 

My bad thought there were some semi pros in there. Total weekly wage bill is just over £35k 😳

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

All fair but the last paragraph. The atmosphere is crap when the season ticket holders are there too. It’s crap all the time bar the odd 10 mins here and there. And nobody is worse at needing to get up all the time than middle aged men coming in late from the bar, leaving before half time to get to the bar, coming in late from the bar again and leaving early to avoid the traffic.

But the fans are the 12th man surely ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Watch the cretins here who because of how annoyed they are ( safe to say we all are ) will roll out the casual racism with “ good ebening “ We see you. Not acceptable. Will be called out. 

Speak for yourself.  The comment may be tiresome, puerile, juvenile, unnecessary, and arguably xenophobic, but racist?  Where is anyone's race mentioned?  

Â