• Coutinho
    • Buendía (Coutinho 66)
    • Ramsey (Sanson 67)
    • Young (Casj 71)
    • Watkins (Ings 72)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I think the only way to make this better is if we go and have a massive reaction against Leeds and thump them 

It would make the 220 mile return trip more palatable 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

jeez, talk about overreaction. first, you probably missed the last part of the first post where it was said except Douglas Luiz.

Second, you want us to sell 5 out of our 7 midfielders and the two you don't want us to move on are Kamara (obviously) and Nakamba? that's ridiculous

Third, selling Ramsey? are you serious? that is a deluded comment 

This just reeks of a troll post. BTW, all of those midfielders easily would be Everton's best midfielder right now

That’s the problem and why the Villa haven’t won anything for ages. Blinkered comments like your post runs throughout the club.

For example, one poster informed me recently on here than Luiz was worth between 60m-80m. 

Other posters were screaming for the inclusion of Sanson. Well he was chosen today and subbed off against Stevenage!

You say that Villa’s current midfield would best Everton’s midfield? Maybe, maybe not but both teams have struggled for some time now so I’m not sure Villa’s midfield should be used as a yardstick for any team in top flight football?

I’m no more deluded than those who think all of the above.

By the start of next season I will be very surprised indeed to see any of the current midfield at Villa or indeed fullbacks and wide forwards.

By the way I forgot about Marvellous so I would include him in those being moved on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

That’s the problem and why the Villa haven’t won anything for ages. Blinkered comments like your post ...

Wait, am I missing something? You're saying @Villaphan04 is behind Villa's failures to win cups???? Well, @Villaphan04, I sincerely hope you're proud of yourself as the root of all Villa's problems.   

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, macandally said:

Your whole post is a contradiction, how can you say if you play a back five who have never played together you will get punished, then in the same sentence say 9 times out of 10 you win?  Which is it?

It didn’t backfire, there was a school boy error that changed the game, top class players make those mistakes less often than average players, but you are bonkers if you think they don’t happen at all.  Are you hitting yourself with a spruce and wailing as you post? 

Im aware it did sound contradictory. My point is that you run the risk. 9/10 we win that game because they’re levels below us, but every now and again you will come unstuck. Today we risked it and we got punished. If Martinez, Mings, Konsa and Digne start that game today, we win. Not because they’re all brilliant, but because they play together regularly. 

5 minutes ago, striker said:

That’s the problem and why the Villa haven’t won anything for ages. Blinkered comments like your post runs throughout the club.

For example, one poster informed me recently on here than Luiz was worth between 60m-80m. 

Other posters were screaming for the inclusion of Sanson. Well he was chosen today and subbed off against Stevenage!

You say that Villa’s current midfield would best Everton’s midfield? Maybe, maybe not but both teams have struggled for some time now so I’m not sure Villa’s midfield should be used as a yardstick for any team in top flight football?

I’m no more deluded than those who think all of the above.

By the start of next season I will be very surprised indeed to see any of the current midfield at Villa or indeed fullbacks and wide forwards.

By the way I forgot about Marvellous so I would include him in those being moved on.

Sanson scored the goal that should have won us the game (had the others not shat the bed) and was our best player today by a country mile. He wasn't subbed off because he was poor, he was subbed off because he hasn't played a full 90 mins of competitive football in nearly 3 years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Whose job is it to prepare the team? This was a 4th division side. 

Genuinely don’t start pedalling this crap again, the team was set up, organised and with a plan.

What you cannot account for is absolute 101 stupidity on the edge of your own box 

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

Yep, I clearly saw Emery tell donk to do the flick on the edge of the D then Rugby tackle the striker 👍

We should have been out of sight by then against 4th division semi pro players 👍

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Im aware it did sound contradictory. My point is that you run the risk. 9/10 we win that game because they’re levels below us, but every now and again you will come unstuck. Today we risked it and we got punished. If Martinez, Mings, Konsa and Digne start that game today, we win. Not because they’re all brilliant, but because they play together regularly. 

They scored because one of our central midfielders gave the ball away and then got himself sent away giving the penalty away.

Their second we switched off at a corner and Olsen let the ball straight through him.
I don’t think they had a shot on target other than the two goals.

I find it hard to blame the back 4. Olsen isn’t very good but his is an individual mistake rather than an issue of unfamiliarity in the back 5.

I’d be questioning why we couldn’t create much against a league 2 team more than resting the back 5.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

No they are not. And this is why we can’t improve. Our fans want Europe - Buendia and Bailey are barely mid table players (Bailey wouldn’t even get into this pissing Stevenage side)

Over reaction

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And we play again Friday and those will be starting. 

In the Premier League,  any drop off in tempo/energy shows massively.  We should have been able to rest players with 10 internationals against Stevenage

Â