• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

Obviously happy with the result, some very nicely worked goals, but still i dont think its unreasonable to be concerned how disjointed we looked for a large part of the game.

Our class told in the end - at one point we were bringing on c.60 mil worth of players in Buendia and Bailey against a tired league 1 team

But we are not going to get away with being so poorly set up against a premier league side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How about we wait to see how we do in the West Ham match. He's not getting sacked after a 4-1 win. It's all hypotheticals at the moment. The fact is we just won 4-1.

Doesn't half sound like a pyrrhic victory when you put it like that

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Because a player could identify as a woman. Though obviously they wouldn't come out with how generally homophobic football fans are

Technically speaking a player could even identify as a car wash given how things are going in our world. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

First half was poor but i wasn’t concerned. Bolton gave everything and couldn’t play like that for 90 minutes.  We’re not going to play like that against West Ham.

I hope not and I admire your optimism.  

I didn’t think we would play like that against Bournemouth and Palace and yet here we are. 

Let’s hope that last 30 minutes is the start of a new era for Gerrard. 

Thought the game was there for Villa at half time if they took more care with the killer pass in the second half.

As it turned out it could have been 6-7 if excellent chances had been taken.

Liked the look of Iroegbunam when he came on. Very tidy and cool in possession and Archer should not be sent out on loan again as he’s ready.

Overall good performance and should take more confidence into the game against West Ham.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Whitney Houston said it best when she said "It's not right, but it's okay".

There's a lot of work to do and there are a lot of things wrong, but a win will help the team feel better and hopefully that will give them a bit of a lift going into West Ham.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

WILL ALWAYS LOVE

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIII

Absolutely abject for half a game at which point any champo side would have put the game to bed.

No shape. No cohesion. No real patterns. No width.

But a few 30m footballers against league one defenders.

No signs we even remotely look capable of playing some semblance of controlled successful football.

Another week wasted.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im just shocked there is outrage on here after a 4-1 win.  Imagine if we lost ! 😂 

I think some folks would be happier ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

It's a sunday game mate. Perhaps that is why he went strong tonight, extra day's rest. Still it is a bit strange that we have this big bloated squad and looks like some players like Olsen and Augustinsson are going to play bugger all and collect a big wage doing nothing.

You're right, my mistake. I'm not questioning that he started something close to his best XI...clearly he's under pressure and wanted to give the team an opportunity to gel against better opposition. I just thought that he would have made subs sooner.

Wasn't pretty but some players will have gained some confidence from that. Still think the captaincy is part of our problem, Ginny isn't a leader and neither is he playing very well at the moment either which I've no doubt is related. Needs taking out the team for a bit, he's currently just doing a great job of breaking up our play. You could hear Ty barking orders at him as well which must be a pretty weird dynamic.

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Good second half, but let's not forget, we played a midtable league one side. Beat West Ham comfortably and the pitchforks will go away (for a few weeks). 

No they won’t.

Would have been nice if Gerrard knew how many away fans we took!😉

3 to 4k.

No Steven, look on the offical site 5,246!

That small annoyance aside a good performance in the second half and hopefully we can take some confidence into the match on the weekend. UTV

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Poor start where a fired up Bolton team looked better for 30 mins against a side low on confidence. 

But in the end we stuck with it, improved significantly second half and took a comfortable win. 

There are plenty of sticks to beat Gerrard with but tonight isn't one. 

Huge game for him Saturday. 

• Like 2

Â