• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

1 minute ago, smg said:

No they won’t.

We could smash West Ham 3-0 Sunday and totally dominate them,  and they would be out in force saying

*It's only West ham

* there bottom for a reason

*it should of been 6

*SG got lucky

😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, AV82 said:

Anyone who thinks that win was comfortable has a short memory. Moving on, it doesn't look like he'll get the boot just yet so let's see what happens against West Ham.

And I bet you are fuming we won after your comments during g the match. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Thought Luiz staked a claim but didn't think Chambers did himself any favours. New centre back can't arrive quick enough for me

I've been calling for Chambers to start ahead of Konsa, but he didn't do himself any favours

• Like 2

Pretty poor in the first-half and memorable for endless over-hit through-balls.

It looked like a foul leading up to their goal but very glad there was no VAR for the penalty.

Worst decision was the linesman giving Watkins offside, in his own half.

It should have been six but for some lousy finishing towards the end.

Great to see Bailey score.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Would have been nice if Gerrard knew how many away fans we took!😉

3 to 4k.

No Steven, look on the offical site 5,246!

That small annoyance aside a good performance in the second half and hopefully we can take some confidence into the match on the weekend. UTV

Anything to beat him with,  feck me that's a new low 🤦

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jim said:

And I bet you are fuming we won after your comments during g the match. 

I'm really looking forward to the next manager you don't like to start wheeling these quotes back at you

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Poor start where a fired up Bolton team looked better for 30 mins against a side low on confidence. 

But in the end we stuck with it, improved significantly second half and took a comfortable win. 

There are plenty of sticks to beat Gerrard with but tonight isn't one. 

Huge game for him Saturday. 

Yes, they have Bournemouth at home, massive 

• Haha 1

Was a very enjoyable game I thought. Bolton a confident team and gave it everything to make it difficult for us in the first half. I remember thinking they would be able to keep that up and would fade in last 20 mins and that’s what happened. 

Thought we played OK for first 20 mins, goal which looked a clear foul then rocked us and we were pretty average for rest of half. Mentality monsters we are not! 

Second half the extra fitness and bit of quality came through. Few players will take a good bit from the game and a much needed confidence boost ahead of what will be a much bigger test at the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not going to hang around here for long because there are going to be some very angry, disgruntled people spouting a load of shit about how we are rubbish because we beat a league 1 side 4-1 and this just proves even more Gerrard should be sacked immediately.

Well you guys took a bit of a beating tonight. Sorry for you.

I enjoyed the match. Can’t remember when I actually last enjoyed a cup match, it seems to have been a long time.

Well done lads, took our chances well.

Oh get off your high horse pal. We struggled badly for large periods of the game, and if you cannot see that, I strongly suggest a visit to the nearest optometrist. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen loads of these performances under Smith as well. Maybe just maybe the players aren’t that good. Martinez is a top 4 player. The rest are much of a muchness and probably wouldn’t get in any top 8 side for consistency. Not defending Gerrard but I don’t know what you lot of seen of this team to think we are anything other than an 11/12 place PL team. 

Â