• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

Also a notable mention to the fans who were there.

Even when things weren't going great I could hear them belting out " Every week we follow ! ".

Small things that help. We need to get behind the team.

( Even if you don't want to ge tbehind SG obviously )

We didn’t exactly looks 2 leagues better than Bolton but jobs done, move on. He couldn’t really win tonight. If we batter them it’s expected, if we lose it confirms what some people already thought. In some ways tonight’s result is the worst of both for Gerrard but ultimately he’ll be judged by league performance as he should be. Top half has to be his minimum requirement after what we’ve spent and the team he has.

• Like 1

I had written down at the end of the first half that our defence had gone to shit again. Too slow to move the ball around and getting rattled by their physical players. 

They need coaching this back 4. Desperately. 

Thought Kamara was decent   7 away with 4 hard tackles but i thought they were needed as we weren't controlling the ball well. 

Second half when bolton were half a yard slower it allowed us to impose ourselves and showed we were different class. 

Archer looked so sharp when he came on. Bailey looked sharp and scored an identical goal to the one in pre season.

Tim did Tim stuff. Simple yet good passing and good positioning. The pass to Emi so he could put Leon in the clear was great. Just love him.

Confidence boosting win but still questioning how we will cope at the weekend against a strong and physical west ham team .

But remember. Games like Bradford away when we lost . We won so job done. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm really looking forward to the next manager you don't like to start wheeling these quotes back at you

I’ve never celebrated us going a goal down.

Bolton played reserves including their keeper who was at fault for 3 of our goals. 

We struggled and I fear superior opposition would have killed us off in the first half. 

Hopefully we can use this to build but there's a lot of work to be done. 

Gerrard putting out a £300 million team against a league one side points to a man under pressure. Not a bad thing really 

Appalling first half, but it’s the result that counts.

But for some appalling finishing, could’ve been 7.  

Gerrard needed to win it, and he did.  The real test will be the weekend.  

13 minutes ago, WHY said:

I’ve seen loads of these performances under Smith as well. Maybe just maybe the players aren’t that good. Martinez is a top 4 player. The rest are much of a muchness and probably wouldn’t get in any top 8 side for consistency. Not defending Gerrard but I don’t know what you lot of seen of this team to think we are anything other than an 11/12 place PL team. 

Mate. I’d take that all day long.

Problem is we’re playing like an 18-20 place PL team.

• Like 3

Bit of a wasted opportunity to give different players a chance this evening. Archer, Olsen, Augustinne, Iroegbunam, Feeney, Sanson (even el Ghazi, Guilbert) ... Risking injury of key first team players. 

I mean we learn very little from tonight, basically we learnt how Rangers fair against most of the teams in the SPL. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 2

Â