• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

Easy in the end, and I'm not sure how much you can read into any of it.   Bolton were up for it in the first half and Villa really looked like they couldn't be arsed, but I think everybody knew that in the end having more talent on the pitch would be decisive.  Hard to pick a man of the match, everybody kinda did enough.  Thought Kamara showed a bit of petulance, wasn't at all impressed with McGinn but except for that it was just a solid away performance in the second half.   Could have been 6 or 7 and on another night it probably would have been.  Now to get Manchester City away in the next round. 

Dougie: MOTM for me, not just because of the goal. Most of our good stretches of possession went through him. Seemed to be enjoying himself.

Ings: Did so much right, lots of dangerous runs...but you can't help but feel that his touch is still a little off.

Watkins: Good to see him passing the ball again.

Coutinho: Awful first half, better second.

McGinn: Useless, just useless.

Chambers: I'll cut him some slack because it's his first bad match for us...but he was really bad today. Unfortunately, that means Konsa will be back on Saturday.

Young: Impressive for 37 years old.

Kamara: OK, but fouls too much.

Bailey: Would never have scored that goal against PL defending, but who cares, it was fun to watch.

Slippy G: Glad that he started Dougie, but other than that, not much here to give me confidence. Why did he wait so long to start making subs when most of these players will be starting again Saturday?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Nice second half.

We brought on Leon Bailey, Emi Buendia, and one of the most exciting U-21s in England. We’ve a good squad.

Didn't we sell him to Chelsea 🤣🤣,  or you trying to flog another of our good crop of U21's😁

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

A freak goal by Dougie and two goal keeping mistakes blew the wind out of Bolton's sails. Do not let that flurry at the end of the game let you forget how embarrassing the first 60 minutes were. It's unacceptable.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bgd8njdc87jqw3dnomhc

Enjoy the win!

Unacceptable is losing to them. We won 4-1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I’m seeing embarrassing, woeful, disgraceful after a 4-1 comfortable win I think it’s time to use the ignore function.

I would take that against West Ham Saturday, but both you and I know that isn’t going to happen

There are a lot of things wrong with this team and how they play, but that second half was okay and hopefully they can carry some momentum from that into the weekend. 

Dougie needs to play, McGinn doesn’t. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Whitney Houston said it best when she said "It's not right, but it's okay".

There's a lot of work to do and there are a lot of things wrong, but a win will help the team feel better and hopefully that will give them a bit of a lift going into West Ham.

We need to get some sort of structure and it'll be a start.

That was lots of fun at the end and I enjoyed it. But it was a shattered League one side and we just flying forward everywhere, as we usually do.

Nothing but a win would have been acceptable today. You can't argue with 4-1, at the end of the day. It's not evidence that he's turned the corner either, mind - this was a third tier side and we were at more or less full strength. 

West Ham is the important one, so let's hope this is a platform to build on. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I’m seeing embarrassing, woeful, disgraceful after a 4-1 comfortable win I think it’s time to use the ignore functions.

Play like we did in the first half against West Ham and we'll be 4-0 down at half time, and I promise our second half response won't be what it was tonight. 

This lot are a League One team and made us look like fools for 55 minutes. It *was* embarrassing. Coming on here after a decent half an hour of football and trying to claim a moral victory is cynical tbh.

Look at our recent results and upcoming fixture list... We've yet to play a top 10 side yet, and we've been struggling. We're in big trouble when we go up against decent teams.

Edited by est1874

Â