• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

big improvement in the second half but we shouldnt forget that for a good 45 minutes, we were second best against a non top 6 league 1 team. This win shouldnt stop us from asking ourselves if this is still the right fit for SG. Lets see if we can repeat tonights result against West Ham on Sunday. I somehow doubt we will, but getting maximum points against the hammers would be a good step to take to get some of us back on side. key to that is having a gameplan, a strategy, and active game management, including substituting regulars

There are always 2-3 PL teams that struggle in LC against highly motivated opponents. Just look at Fulham today! The important thing is how we dig our heels in and how we transform the struggle to a solid victory.

• Like 2

Comfortable in the end.

I will refrain from slagging McGinn because we won.

Some nice moves after they gave up, but our problem is being pressurised and just prior to the pen, which looked possibly offside, they were giving us some stick and we were wobbling again.

Gutted Cam didn't score because he always looks dangerous, even in that brief spell tonight.

Well done Villa.

• Like 1

Alarm bells after that pathetic first half performance. We picked them off at the end, fair play but you’d hope for that to happen. In the end far more comfortable than it was looking at one point. Feel like we’ve avoided an absolute disaster tonight but the next game will quickly roll around and is what really counts 

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

A freak goal by Dougie and two goal keeping mistakes blew the wind out of Bolton's sails. Do not let that flurry at the end of the game let you forget how embarrassing the first 60 minutes were. It's unacceptable.

Wasn't a freak goal from Dougie at all, he's put that corner exactly where he wanted it. We won 4-1 and it could have been more. Hopefully we can build on this now! 

Couldn't watch, had to work in order to avoid terribly expensive merchandise and stuff....  I followed chat enough to take away that we were poor first half and dominant second half.  I am curious to hear from those that watched....  did we change something tactically at the half?

1 minute ago, macandally said:

I would take that against West Ham Saturday, but both you and I know that isn’t going to happen

It weren't great and still areas of concern. But overall it was quite comfortable and hardly a game to attack Gerrard after. Save it for Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I’m seeing embarrassing, woeful, disgraceful after a 4-1 comfortable win I think it’s time to use the ignore function.

Depends whether you watched the match. The first half was all of that.The second half was much better.  

Play exactly like that against West Ham and we probably lose 4-0.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

There are always 2-3 PL teams that struggle in LC against highly motivated opponents. Just look at Fulham today! The important thing is how we dig our heels in and how we transform the struggle to a solid victory.

Exactly. Are Leicester now relegation fodder or terrible because Stockport took them to penalties? Of course not. People only read into things if there's an agenda.

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Depends whether you watched the match. The first half was all of that.The second half was much better.  

Play exactly like that against West Ham and we probably lose 4-0.

First half was poor but i wasn’t concerned. Bolton gave everything and couldn’t play like that for 90 minutes.  We’re not going to play like that against West Ham.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

How about we wait to see how we do in the West Ham match. He's not getting sacked after a 4-1 win. It's all hypotheticals at the moment. The fact is we just won 4-1.

Im just shocked there is outrage on here after a 4-1 win.  Imagine if we lost ! 😂 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Because a player could identify as a woman. Though obviously they wouldn't come out with how generally homophobic football fans are

Wouldn't they then play in the women''s league? 🤔

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

Slippy G: Glad that he started Dougie, but other than that, not much here to give me confidence. Why did he wait so long to start making subs when most of these players will be starting again Saturday?

It's a sunday game mate. Perhaps that is why he went strong tonight, extra day's rest. Still it is a bit strange that we have this big bloated squad and looks like some players like Olsen and Augustinsson are going to play bugger all and collect a big wage doing nothing.

Â