• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

A freak goal by Dougie and two goal keeping mistakes blew the wind out of Bolton's sails. Do not let that flurry at the end of the game let you forget how embarrassing the first 60 minutes were. It's unacceptable.

Excellent match and a good way to learn a lot -- and I just hope Gerrard's notes that we all saw him taking are carefully reviewed before this weekend. Bolton was unlucky at times, but our players were two cuts above. Need to build on this. Find myself totally disagreeing with the negative takes on Digne. I thought he was amazing. Coutinho too often neutralised.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, rbcuk said:

Until the pen, you’d never have known who was the premier league side, just **** off now the football is crap, West Ham will have watched that and think we are there for the taking Sunday 

8E27717D-6F24-4AD9-B6AB-4248F0178B3B.gif.85dd1f0ca18cc61bc7086796b9b28c69.gif

1st half average to poor

2nd half we were excellent.  Ot could have been 6 or 7 we were rampant. Dont see how anyone could be critical on the 2nd half.

Baileys goal was terrific. 

Motm for me was ings but i thought luiz and mings were excellent 2nite.  Lets hopw for a improvement for sunday

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When I’m seeing embarrassing, woeful, disgraceful after a 4-1 comfortable win I think it’s time to use the ignore functions.

Yeah, the first half was bad but we absolutely showed we were the superior prem team 2nd half. 

Tonight is not the night to use as extra criticism

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Good. Dispels some of my  concerns. 

Some great goals and we really got into a nice pattern of play after we had exhausted Bolton.

Negatives, I love the guy but sadly I think Gerrard needs to swallow his pride and drop McGinn or change his system to pack midfield. First half they played through the center of us. West ham wont be so kind. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

I think Whitney Houston said it best when she said "It's not right, but it's okay".

There's a lot of work to do and there are a lot of things wrong, but a win will help the team feel better and hopefully that will give them a bit of a lift going into West Ham.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine being Bolton and trying to change the game by bringing on FIFA regens Steve Hendrie and Declan Bowyer and you look to your left and Emi Buendia and Leon Bailey are coming on. Must be demoralizing. 

Just shows you what can happen to clubs even after playing in the Premier League for years.

• Like 1

Result or not, still easy for a League 1 team to play straight through the middle and be up against our defence.

Tactics are still dire, shape is still dire, still doesn’t know his best team, still not sure he has the dressing room, still don’t think we are going anywhere under his tenure 

big improvement in the second half but we shouldnt forget that for a good 45 minutes, we were second best against a non top 6 league 1 team. This win shouldnt stop us from asking ourselves if this is still the right fit for SG. Lets see if we can repeat tonights result against West Ham on Sunday. I somehow doubt we will, but getting maximum points against the hammers would be a good step to take to get some of us back on side. key to that is having a gameplan, a strategy, and active game management, including substituting regulars

I usually hate LC, but I am happy with victory, some more match time for Kamara (who as a new signing need time), some decent attacks and a couple of goals that gave a couple of players more confidence. Also good to see Luiz again, as I think he will be great - but of course he is a bit young being only 24 years and will therefore have wild swings in performances.

Â