• Ramsey (Kamara 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 71)
    • Bailey (Watkins 71)
    • Archer (Ings 82)
    • Iroegbunam (Luiz 84)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Can't understand why the fringe players didn't start and play all game smells of desperation to me.

Absolutely. He knew he had to win and couldn't take any risks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely. He knew he had to win and couldn't take any risks. 

So he picked a team that was too good? 

This argument doesn’t even make sense for a man devoid of footballing ideas. How did he identify who to play? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Oh get off your high horse pal. We struggled badly for large periods of the game, and if you cannot see that, I strongly suggest a visit to the nearest optometrist. 

Yep, we REALLY struggled our way to that 4-1 win. 🤣

Sorry, but the pitchfork stuff tonight just looks a bit pathetic.

I’m even reading posts now criticising him for playing a strong team against a league 1 side. (As well as not knowing the EXACT number of Villa fans in the ground.) This is really starting to look foolish.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yep, we REALLY struggled our way to that 4-1 win. 🤣

Sorry, but the pitchfork stuff tonight just looks a bit pathetic.

I’m even reading posts now criticising him for playing a strong team against a league 1 side. (As well as not knowing the EXACT number of Villa fans in the ground.) This is really starting to look foolish.

I’m with you, not happy about our start to the season either but I’m not going to start finding fault when we’ve won 4-1. Will wait for Sunday for that 😉

A win is a win but cant say im convinced. Yes it was comfortable in the end but the first hals was dire and the goakeeper made a howler for our first and Ings was clearly offside before winning the penalty. I thought Luiz was decent as was Digne and Coutinho was at the heart of most of our good play. Good cameos from Bailey and Archer too.

Really impressed with our second half showing after a rubbish first half. Luiz was great today. Had 100% pass accuracy until his last pass (ambitious through ball) that was just cut out. Enjoyed chatting to the other Villa “fan” on Facebook that said he’d been rubbish and his passing had been trash so I checked and he’d had a 100% pass accuracy out of 40 passes. Really showed how much certain fans have a real agenda and are blind to what is happening right in front of their eyeballs.

Enjoyed watching that. Poor first half but it was a competitive opening 45 mins. Our gulf in class showed second half but credit to Bolton for pushing us. Just how a cup tie should be. We were much improved after the break and took complete control. 

Thought McGinn was a weak spot for us. Just seems very imbalanced with him in the middle for us. Like having Kamara and Luiz in the middle as it provides more protection for the defence without the ball and should allow for some freedom and roaming for the #8 with the ball. We’re still light in terms of strength in the middle of the park but I liked how we matched their effort and we weren’t out fought as we were in our other two away fixtures this season. 

In the next round of the cup and ran out convincing so content with that. Game probably makes zero difference on what will be a typically very tough game on Sunday but enjoyed it tonight and pleased we gave the travelling support, and us back home, something to cheer. 

8 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Lets hope we  can ( ALL) can be united on Sunday and support the team thru 90 minutes . 

spacer.png

😂

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'd be nice to get a home draw in the next round.

We lost our last home cup tie of any kind to Stoke on 1st October 2020.

It'll be Man U away

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â