Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/22 at 22:59

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I saw one person describe it as a " terrible win " .

I kid you not 🤦🏿‍♂️

Another very weird comment I saw today was that "Gerrard won in spite of himself".

Bro, we won the game. Chill.

• Haha 3

Glad we won today, but still couldn't really see the system he wants to play until our main man Buendia came on. Mc'Phee advising the subs when they came on is a little concerning.

The problem we have here and have done for a few seasons now, is we are signing managers who are learning there trade with us. Gerrard is far from the finished article, learning with every game. We need to start moving on now and I doubt Gerrard will last, as the team is looking fantastic, the manager less so.

Mings showed him he made a mistake leaving him out the last game, hope it don't happen again.

Also, McGinn is not captain material, didn't see him speak or shout at the players once through out the game, although he has said in a recent interview Gerrard does not expect him to do this or change his game, which to me is no good for the team.

A win is all that matters takes away the nerves and gives us something to build on.

We were worth the 2 goal lead but made the cardinal sin of conceding straight after scoring which gave them the chance to go gung ho as they had nothing to lose.

Could have conceded again could have scored a 3rd.

At the game it looked to me Cash was talking to the bench about coming off when they kicked off after our 2nd so was put of position for the diagonal that they eventually scored from.   Its schoolboy stuff really but luckily it did not cost us any points.

We can play better the heat probably contributed to our slow tempo as we had to manage the conditions and we did.

UTV

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We did. Hence why we won.

Yeah, we definitely were better today and it seems churlish to suggest otherwise. 

I don't think we looked like a team ready to "operate in the top half and challenge for European places", Everton were dreadful, but I preferred it to losing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He was still **** poor. He did will for the goals and I gave him credit for them, but for the other 90 odd minutes, he was fumbling every touch of the ball and offering no threat.

I just watched the game and finishing aside I though he had some really tidy touches. And two assists. Not sure what people are expecting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Gerrard - "we looked a different team today".

urm, dont think we did tbh Stevie.

We did. Different kit on for starters. 

• Haha 1

I didn't think Kamara was the best. Certainly good, but thought he made quite a few misplaced passes and had a couple of poor touches. Maybe to be expected when absolutely everything went through him though.

Cash MoTM for me. Some crucial blocks, interceptions, and tackles. Absolute perfection, felt like he was covering the whole back line as well as the wings.

Honorable mention for Buendia who moved more than everyone else combined during his too short time on the pitch. Deserved his goal and if he doesn't start the next game I give up on Gerrard's sense of judgement.

Mings and Carlos both looked good, a much better partnership than either with konsa. Caveat with the fact Everton were largely rubbish and I managed to miss their goal and no idea of either were to blame. 

Digne had a bit of a mare for me. McGinn also largely ineffective and wasteful, with the odd good moment. 

Ramsey started our brightest spark, then disappeared for the middle 45, before a strong finish.

Ings and Watkins, despite scoring and getting assists, don't fill me with confidence at all against better opposition, but hopefully  they'll both get some confidence from this game and push on from here. 

Not a fan of the 2 up top formation, still don't want McGinn and Ramsey playing together, and still plenty of questions about Gerrard, but he's bought himself some time,  and hopefully he will see how exposed that team would be against even a slightly better side.  And a wins a win. Up the villa.

4 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

Massively unconvincing but 3 points closer to 40 I guess.

Gerrard out.

Cheer up! Could be worse, we could be Norwich fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Be plenty of teams better than us hanging on in the last ten minutes against Everton this season and many also losing to Everton.

Thrilled with today, but I've a feeling what you've said is not going to be true.

Â