Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/22 at 22:59

Ok ... this is the official unbiased view.

I thought Villa were the better team and deserved to win.  Having said that Villa at times rode their luck, but that is fair enough. Somebody mentioned that we did not score a goal by breaking a set defense, but the difference to last week, we looked like we could.  Last week, we did not come close.

Emi (1) good solid goal keeping. As usual. He did well with the few attempts on target that Everton had.

The back line, Cash was the man of the match for me, I get why other people voted otherwise. Especially in the first half. Carlos he was solid, but I am not convinced by the early hype ... achilles? Ouch! Mings, not his best game, but I thought the back line was much improved by him being there. Digne could game but his shirt pulling is going to get him caught out.

McGinn much better than last week, but I'm still not convinced but a lovely hoof to Watkins for Watkin's first assist. Kamara really good game. Just there all the time, a presence. JJ a much improved game compared to Bournemouth (Hove Albion - Just kidding.) He looked like could open the defense, but ....

Coutinho ... not living up to his potential (yet). When Beundia was subbed on for him Villa looked completely different and more vibrant. Understandably some argue Beundia should start.

Ings and Watkins ... I thought they had really good games worked hard for the press. Two assists and a goal as a combo.

Bringing on Chambers, Konsa, Bailey and Beundia as substitutes shows the depth Villa has now. Young's experience on changing balls to kill time I'm not so sure about.

Gerrard and the coaching team? Early days yet.

Referee, I thought was even though a couple of calls I thought were strange.

All other opinions are wrong. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

100%. What good is "having the pull" for players if we play poorly as a team all the time.

Trash.

Even in the season he was sacked Smith gave us some fun of Everton at home and Utd away.

Fact is, we're unlikely to win anything ever again. Football is bent to favour the top sides and will only get worse. Enjoying watching Villa is huge for me. Flat as a pancake at the moment, the atmosphere at Villa Park reflects the football we play.

Home opener at Villa Park and it looked and sounded like a preseason friendly out there. Very pedestrian pace. I'm not really expecting a European spot (though we are getting close to European wage bill I imagine), but just something to get us excited and give us hope that maybe we can upset the applecart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Home opener at Villa Park and it looked and sounded like a preseason friendly out there. Very pedestrian pace. I'm not really expecting a European spot (though we are getting close to European wage bill I imagine), but just something to get us excited and give us hope that maybe we can upset the applecart.

That's what I've wanted to see so far. Something to tell me we are on the right track and it's worth investing time in Gerrard. 

But what really is there to cling that faith on to?

I'm hoping it will come. I'm home we see more of what his football is about and that he gets the best out of what's arguably the most talented squad we've had since Houllier. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Â