Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/22 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Might be unpopular but I thought McGinn was decent today, not perfect but some of his long passing was key. Pleased to see Mings back and he saved our bacon a couple of times

me too. I thought he did his job well.

delighted for Mings as well, love to see him serenaded by fans. Happiness restored.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Really? Did you think they were good today?

No not particularly but I also know that when a teams just scrambled a goal home they get a sudden impetus that they might be able to salvage something and it puts the team that have the lead on the back foot.

i’m just saying there will be better teams than us that won’t get a point let alone a win from Everton this season. 

35 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So we won. We played well throughout the majority of the game. And apparently the manager is still always going to be shit. What a time to be alive. 

I'd be quite happy if he could blag us to top 8 - 10, despite himself... If possible.

These are the exact same things, the same people used to get upset at other people for, when it was Deano in charge.

It's some kind of parrallel dimension where it's all how reversed.

I get the concerns, and actually agree with some of them, and express that too.

However if you can't find any sort of respite or encouragement from a decent win ( Not brilliant ) win after heavy clouds... what is your actual priority?

I'd surmise it's not actually our success, it's getting the Manager out.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Digne's final ball into the box is generally very good, better than Cash's.

A good striker today and we win by 3 or 4

? He was dog dirt last week and slightly less dog dirt today, only just though. He has been shocking so far this season, aimless crosses and aimless passes or just auto looking to pass it backwards when he receives it.

35 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

So we won. We played well throughout the majority of the game. And apparently the manager is still always going to be shit. What a time to be alive. 

We played meh through the majority of the game. Everton made us look good. We were very slow and ponderous for the majority of the game especially down the right and against a better defensive team we'd have struggled to challenge them at all. The way we did vs Bournemouth. 

Gets abuse when we lose, deserves plaudits when we win.

Everton were pretty terrible for most of the game.

Buendia changed the game for the better. Although there's clamour for him to start, I don't remember him bossing a game when starting... he has always looked best as an impact sub. Deserves the chance to start now.

In fairness, if we look at what the manager said about Mings and Buendia over the last couple of weeks:

Buendia was close to getting the nod after a great preseason, but had a minor injury, now has further staked the claim. 

Mings had a niggle, had a scan only 2 days training this week... perhaps was rested for that reason last week? Maybe the "look me in the eye" stuff was about confirming fitness. 

Hope Carlos is ok.

Don't think we'll get as easy a ride as that again. Everton are very poor right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure what the need for this is?Maybe save it up for when we play well? I'm sure it'll come when Coutinho isn't fit so Gerrard is forced to start Buendia.

Gerrard had half a season and finished the season with about 8 points from 36 or something didn't he? Now he's put another £120m on the books and we still have been poor bar some individuals.

Ten Hag won more than one title in his two-team league and has got to a champions league SF. Bit more evidence he could be worth sticking with I think?

Gerrard has...good press conferences? What else does he give Aston Villa than any other appointment would have? What does he do well? These are the questions that haven't been answered.

You didnt think we played well today?! Really? Wow. ok. I did. I thought we played very well and controlled the game.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice to win but not a very convincing performance. For me it just looked liked two poor teams battling it out and we were just that little bit better. I can see a long season ahead.

Edited by Rigs

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You didnt think we played well today?! Really? Wow. ok. I did. I thought we played very well and controlled the game.

Nope. Better than last week doesn't make it good IMO.

Average is good as that got. Good job Coutinho got cramp so Gerrard could correct his selection error and get Buendia on.

Everton were horrendous and could have nicked a point. They had about 4 decent chances despite barely competing in the game.

If we play to that level at Palace, we get 0 points. Hopefully we continue to improve.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

? He was dog dirt last week and slightly less dog dirt today, only just though. He has been shocking so far this season, aimless crosses and aimless passes or just auto looking to pass it backwards when he receives it.

Personally I don’t think Digne is any better than Target. I think we wasted money on this transfer.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Average is good as that got. Good job Coutinho got cramp so Gerrard could correct his selection error and get Buendia on.

Everton were horrendous and could have nicked a point. They had about 4 decent chances despite barely competing in the game.

I feel 100% confident the change for Coutinho was going to be made anyways as we have seen before. 

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think this would go down well.

Be good if we play well but lose. I'll be on here loving it, don't worry! I'll say there's something to build on, that's what I want. To see a plan.

Results without performances are welcome but not much to celebrate unless they're taking you all the way to titles and cups. That isn't going to happen.

Mate but you make it look like we were actually shit.

We weren't, we had alot more good moments than bad moments, and were relatively solid throughout.

Worries with regards to set piece defending, and decision making in the final third aside, we were well worth the win.

I do see where better sides than Everton would potentially have put us to the sword today, but again, it's a platform to build on and get better.

A better striker and/or better decisions by Ollie etc and we are out of sighr.

All IMO of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we play to that level at Palace, we get 0 points. Hopefully we continue to improve.

Fair enough. For me what I liked is we were far more solid at the back. Our full backs were less far forward and our attackers held position better.  

• Like 1

Â