Pre match thread

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why does Diego Carlos get both names and everyone else just gets their surname?

His name is Diego Carlos Santos Silva. It’s the same as Cristiano Ronaldo (dos Santos Aveiro) or any Portuguese language player, they’re both given names.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Sanson can consider himself very unlucky. What is it about this guy I wonder. Played well in pre season, and generally whenever he plays for that matter, and then gets dropped almost straight afterwards. Can’t figure it out. 

Gerrard obviously sees something in Konsa that he likes. Personally, he’d be 4th choice for me behind Chambers and Mings but he’s not a bad player by any stretch. 

UTV.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That's the 4-3-2-1 isn't it?

Big chance for Konsa, Bailey and Ings. Hopefully Kamara is the answer to this formation's defensive frailties last season. 

Be interesting what the subs are.

No 4 3 3 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need two that play deeper - Kamara will struggle on his own and we'll end up taking all the good bits out of McGinn's game as he tries to cover a huge chunk of midfield.

I don't disagree. I'd like to see us play with a double pivot but Gerrard doesn't agree.

1 minute ago, will87 said:

Ming's days here look to be numbered, Konsa straight in ahead of him after injury lay-off.

They are unless he steps up. Losing his place in the England squad, being stripped of the captaincy and now losing his place in the first 11 should be a strong enough message that his performances have been under par (by his standards) over the last 12 months. Raise your levels or you're out. 

A few big calls, or at least interesting ones. It’s up to the chosen players to perform now, we’ve got strength in depth pushing them for starts all the way. It’s a long season where everyone will get their chance, the competition is something we really need. 

Edited by It's Your Round
Kenneth inspired typo

Fulham showing what can happen when you apply yourselves and go after opponents.

I hope Bournemouth don't do it to us, else we could be in trouble.

prediction 1-1

Arguably the strongest we could of gone for. Your always gonna get people saying “ No Buendia , No Luiz “ Can’t please everyone. We’ve a serious bench that can actually impact the game. No downside for me. 

• Like 1