Pre match thread

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

So... Is Carlos the first surname of one of his parents and Santos Silva are the first surnames or both surnames of the other parent? It's a bit confusing.

His mother’s surname was santos and his fathers was Silva.  Diego Carlos is what he was called by his parents.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The bench is insane, still why are there 4 defenders on the bench though!! Surely only need 1 CB but maybe Chambers/Young are versatile enough to play midfield if needed

Young seems to be back up if anything happens to Cash but we could just being on one of the CBs and move Konsa across. Surprised KHH isn't on there unless he's going out on loan shortly.

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

So... Is Carlos the first surname of one of his parents and Santos Silva are the first surnames or both surnames of the other parent? It's a bit confusing.

Diego and Carlos are both given names. Santos Silva are the family names. I don’t know exactly how it’s decided what family names you pass down or with marriage but I think the reason they use the given names is because it’s so complicated! 

• Thanks 1

I'm glad to see Coutinho, Bailey and Kamara all starting but disappointed that again Buendía isn't, which is following on from the 2nd half of last season. Oh well, depending on how today goes maybe he'll be picked to start next Saturday...

Just now, robby b said:

I'm glad to see Coutinho, Bailey and Kamara all starting but disappointed that again Buendía isn't, which is following on from the 2nd half of last season. Oh well, depending on how today goes maybe he'll be picked to start next Saturday...

Or maybe he will become a super-sub taking advantage of coming on against a tiring opposition.  Not sure that you can leave Bailey out based on his pre-season form.  The good thing is that we have 3 pretty fine 10s in the squad now - any one of whom can make a real difference when coming on.

If you are going to play Ings as the starting forward, then you have to play Buendia. 

Ings has more intelligent movement and better finishing than Watkins & Buendia would supply him over and over in a game like this. 

Let's hope Coutinho comes to the party today as not been overly struck by him during Pre-Season, no doubting he's world class on his day and we need to see that from the off! 

16 hours ago, AshVilla said:

So lets make it easy for Steve tomorrow and do a checklist for him.

Bailey must start.

Buendia must start (if fit).

If McGinn is crap please sub him asap.

Do not play Ings and Watkins together.

can I do one :

• Just win.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Feel a bit for Sanson. Don't feel like he's been given a fair crack at it really. Oh well. 

He's just suffered from the emergence of JJ and the fact JJ, Luiz, McGinn are very durable players who don't get injured