Pre match thread

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Incredible.

We have won every pre-season game, it'll be just lovely to go down to Bournmouth on the first game of the season. We need to start as we mean to go on. I'm sure many will feel let down if we lose to these lot.

Hopefully a straightforward win to nil today with Ollie and Bailey on the scoresheet. I will be very happy with that. No doubt post match narrative will it was only Bournemouth, we should have scored more, it was a poor performance etc but I will be happy for us to be coming back to Brum with 3 points

UTV

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Really? Are you saying that was an insignificant game

That was 3rd game of the season when we smashed the runaway Champions after we stayed up in the last minute of the previous season. We then got our highest points total in 11 years in the top flight and our star player then went onto become English footballs most expensive player

Yes. It was a fluke game. One hell of a fluke though.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yes. It was a fluke game. One hell of a fluke though.

How was it a fluke. We could have scored 10

Even removing the deflections we still won comfortably

• Like 1

If we have ambitions of finishing towards European places, we have to beat these kind of teams.

It won't be easy, they'll see us as mid table fodder and a perfect team to start at home against.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Hopefully a straightforward win to nil today with Ollie and Bailey on the scoresheet. I will be very happy with that. No doubt post match narrative will it was only Bournemouth, we should have scored more, it was a poor performance etc but I will be happy for us to be coming back to Brum with 3 points

UTV

Haha, it’s pretty easy to tell exactly how it’s going to go regardless of the result. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I know it's the first game, but a loss here could define our season. It certainly won't fill me with confidence for the rest of the season.

Conversely, would a win do the same?

• Like 2