Pre match thread

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

His name is Diego Carlos Santos Silva. It’s the same as Cristiano Ronaldo (dos Santos Aveiro) or any Portuguese language player, they’re both given names.

So... Is Carlos the first surname of one of his parents and Santos Silva are the first surnames or both surnames of the other parent? It's a bit confusing.

You only need to look at what’s happening at Fulham and what happened at Brentford on the opening day of last season to know that this will not be easy, regardless of the Bournemouth team sheet. 

It’s never easy playing promoted sides early in the season as they’re not used to losing yet. They’ll be up for this and it will be a tough match. 

A win would be a better result than people think here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Sanson can consider himself very unlucky. What is it about this guy I wonder. Played well in pre season, and generally whenever he plays for that matter, and then gets dropped almost straight afterwards. Can’t figure it out. 

Gerrard obviously sees something in Konsa that he likes. Personally, he’d be 4th choice for me behind Chambers and Mings but he’s not a bad player by any stretch. 

UTV.

I'm absolutely certain he took an instant dislike to Mings. From basically calling him a temporary captain on arrival onwards. Given he performed admirably on the whole (and better than Konsa), my speculation is that he doesn't like having a strong personality on playing staff who may ask too many questions for his liking. 

• Like 4

Just now, supermon said:

Should have had Sanson instead of Young. Maybe Young's assist got him the nod.

Mings probably just about match fit given he had a niggle midweek. Wasn't expecting Mings to start today.

Exactly this. Mings, Chambers and Buendia have all just recovered from minor injuries, so probably no surprise they're not starting today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are some hot headed big fellas in Bournemouth's line up - with a bit of opening day refereeing we could see a load of cards.

Pearson used to get 15 cards a season for Preston in championship, that's one to get at if he gets an early yellow. Surprised Bournemouth are playing two strikers so we need to watch that as Solanke and Moore have height and mobility between them.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If Mings is benched for the first 3 or 4 games I reckon he might not see out August at this club.

Well he's still in contention for world cup and obviously no chance of getting in if he's warming our bench.

30m and think we';ll cash in, can see someone like Leicester being interested if they lose Fofana to Chelsea.