Pre match thread

alreadyexists

I would have bet money it would have been Watkins today, however thinking about it Gerrard has probably gone for the player scoring goals. 

In which case that goal against Fulham could be pretty important for mr ings!

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Sanson must be an asshole on the training pitch. Really don't understand what he has to do to get in the Matchday squad 

be better than them, who have been picked......In the managers eyes.

20 minutes ago, TomC said:

I'm not surprised that Mings is out, but am surprised that it's Konsa instead of Chambers.

I was kind of expecting Dougie instead of JJ, but can't say that it's really a surprise; it could have gone either way.

I am pleasantly surprised that it's Ings instead of Watkins.

this is where I am. Would've preferred to see Sanson on the bench too.

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Sanson must be an asshole on the training pitch. Really don't understand what he has to do to get in the Matchday squad 

Our squad is too big now IMO.

Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, KKH all not on the bench, am I missing anyone else?

Half our bench can start for most Prem teams easily. The bench is mostly on par with the starting 11 as well, we need to upgrade the 11 and lose a bit of quality on the squad. We don't have the games to require this much depth.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Half our bench can start for most Prem teams easily. The bench is mostly on par with the starting 11 as well, we need to upgrade the 11 and lose a bit of quality on the squad. We don't have the games to require this much depth.

Traore Davis & Guilbert 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

If that's our biggest problem, then we're going places.

• Like 3

Some of the calls Gerrard makes at times are baffling tbf, we need to keep people on side rather than alienate them, one injury and we will be needing players like sanson and nakamba....i think going hot and cold on them and/or playing them and then freezing them out is a bit shit tbh. until we have signed better and have cover we need to man manage positively. seeing it with mings aswell a bit, i have a feeling the unity of the team could have a few factions and splits a few months from now if there are clear favourites and not everyone is given a crack of the whip

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Timmy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The bench is insane, still why are there 4 defenders on the bench though!! Surely only need 1 CB but maybe Chambers/Young are versatile enough to play midfield if needed

Which make Sanson and Nakamba's exclusions appear even more puzzling

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It really shouldn't. Whilst they're on a promoted high, the gulf in quality is huge  

did you watch the Fulham v Liverpool game?

Thats the reason, today could be difficult....Fulham went after them, despite inferior quality.

I have said it a million times on here......quality with application, is questionable, it leaves us frustrated.

If we don't compete, the quality will look flat.

Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Davis, Traore, El Ghazi, Irogbunam, Guilbert all can’t make the 9 bench places.  Can almost field a whole team with players who can’t get into our 20 person matchday squad!

Edited by ender4