Pre match thread

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its going to be a struggle to get anything, today.

Mr Positive being negative, don’t do this to me!!! When I’m down on the Villa you always are the positive light for me.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Maybe but I really think we need to sell a few and add some quality to really push for 8th+

I think that they're going to buy quality anyway, when it's available...

SG said that he wants two players for every position. That's 22. You can start 11 and have 9 on the bench. That means that, if everyone's healthy, we're going to have 2 players who are "in the picture" who aren't going to make the squad for any given match.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Be like " Wow...how did you know I was Jamaican and a Villa fan... What gave it away? " UTFV

20220806_161126-min.jpg

The Shades...

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i find it really weird how we have a sub slot for every position in the back 4 (Young, Chambers, Mings & Augustinsson), but no Timmy, Sanson, KKH etc.

I dont get it.

Yeah I don't get it either. 

Just now, TRO said:

do know what....I am thinking that more and more

its madness tbh.

we have a sub slot for every position in the back 4 (Young, Chambers, Mings & Ludwig), but Chambers can play CB or RB, we dont need 2 central defenders on the bench, and we dont have Timmy or Sanson on the bench.

Add that to the usual Buendia anomaly.....just madness.

Just now, Paul33 said:

It’s crazy ….. it’s like Gerrard knows more than we do. Absolutely unbelievable !!!

f**, you are right!, i never thought of it this way!

I understand now.

Lets just shut this discussion forum down, the manager, or any club related decisions should not and cannot be questioned.

@mods do the deed, the forum is done, we have seen the light, no discussion needed any more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Feel a bit for Sanson. Don't feel like he's been given a fair crack at it really. Oh well. 

Same, I thought he had shown enough In pre season to at least be a part of this seasons plans

Why is anyone surprised that Mings and Buendia aren't starting? Gerrard said only yesterday that both had been carrying knocks throughout the week so why risk them when we've got good enough players instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

f**, you are right!, i never thought of it this way!

I understand now.

Lets just shut this discussion forum down, the manager, or any club related decisions should not and cannot be questioned.

@mods do the deed, the forum is done, we have seen the light, no discussion needed any more.

Hmm

I guess there is discussion, then there is routinely disagreeing with everything the manager does just on principle.

I do sometimes wonder if Villatalk hasn’t painted itself into the latter corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

4-1-2-3

We're going to need a lot of discipline from Ramsey and McGinn.

Yep. Didn’t get it last season so don’t see how there is an expectation we get it now. Need Luiz in there at the very least…fear that BK will be overrun and once again our midfield will be too easy to get through. Hope I’m proved wrong. 

• Like 1

for me, the biggest surprise is JJ.  I think he can be very good, but I think he can be bullied and disappear.  Especially since it seems clear that bournemouth's only hope is to bully us.   a bit more maturity there (Luiz most likely) would make more sense to me.  But "COME ON JJ.  Have your best day ever and shut up old critics like me."

Glad Ings and Bailey are in. 

No surprise Coutinho starts instead of Buendia, on the left, but it's still wrong.

That midfield 3 is no surprise, but would be concerned if we used that 3 against better opposition. 

Konsa getting the nod over Mings is weird. Chambers looked the best pre season so if you're dropping him for anyone it should have been him. But then, maybe all those people hating on Mings for his careless mistakes were on to something,  even though the stats would suggest otherwise. 

Think this team should still comfortably overcome Bournemouth and I'm delighted we've dropped the 2 forwards experiment. 

Let's see how it goes!