Pre match thread

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hmm

I guess there is discussion, then there is routinely disagreeing with everything the manager does just on principle.

I do sometimes wonder if Villatalk hasnโ€™t painted itself into the latter corner.

Equal amount who agree with everything the manager does so it evens out.

Just changes depending on who the manager is apparently.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Hmm

I guess there is discussion, then there is routinely disagreeing with everything the manager does just on principle.

I do sometimes wonder if Villatalk hasnโ€™t painted itself into the latter corner.

You talk like you are new here.ย  ย That has been the case since Deadly Doug was our biggest complaint.

ย 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Very harsh on Mings. Konsa does not deserve to be there on merit.

With Kieffer Moore lurking....we might regret that.

at 6'5 he could be a real aerial nuisance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Davis, Traore, El Ghazi, Irogbunam, Guilbert all canโ€™t make the 9 bench places. ย Can almost field a whole team with players who canโ€™t get into our 20 person matchday squad!

Only three of those really had a chance today. Hause was already confirmed as injured and hasnโ€™t featured all pre season. El Ghazi, Traore and Guilbert have been bombed out hence them featuring for the U23s or whichever it was. Davis I suspect will be off soon but itโ€™s clear he wonโ€™t be part of our plans.ย 
ย 

Nakamba, Irogbunam and Sanson are the three which will be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

ย Davis I suspect will be off soon but itโ€™s clear he wonโ€™t be part of our plans.ย 
ย 

Injured, again, allegedly.

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

obviously jj was going to play despite awful form.ย  he could score an own goal hattrick and walk in to the next team under Gerrard.ย  Sanson and Luiz must wonder wtf.

I think that is the case with most teams, where consistency is sought....fans at every club will tell you that.

9 minutes ago, eholm said:

Yep. Didnโ€™t get it last season so donโ€™t see how there is an expectation we get it now. Need Luiz in there at the very leastโ€ฆfear that BK will be overrun and once again our midfield will be too easy to get through. Hope Iโ€™m proved wrong.ย 

This absolutely.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Why is anyone surprised that Mings and Buendia aren't starting? Gerrard said only yesterday that both had been carrying knocks throughout the week so why risk them when we've got good enough players instead.

Because either people donโ€™t know they were hurt or it fits the narrative that Gerrard hates them.

Just now, troon_villan said:

We're so obsessed with who hasn't made the team that we've barely spoken about who is playing.

Ings is definitely scoring today.ย 

Iโ€™m so happy to see Ings getting the start. Now letโ€™s just hope he lives up to expectations.