Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

On 04/06/2022 at 15:02, OLDVILLAIN said:

Critchley played a 4-4-2  36 times  and a  4-2-3-1   6 times last season

He played Madine  and  Lavery up front with yates slotting in on occasion

Tactically it suggests that he does not play with attacking full backs and prefers the winger system.

I hope he is able to switch things around for us this season as that One Formation we played most of last year had us too narrow and clubs just played around us.

but when we play with wingers, they play through the middle of us.....best burnt as scolded.

maybe getting the midfield right, might help.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 15:02, OLDVILLAIN said:

Critchley played a 4-4-2  36 times  and a  4-2-3-1   6 times last season

He played Madine  and  Lavery up front with yates slotting in on occasion

Tactically it suggests that he does not play with attacking full backs and prefers the winger system.

I hope he is able to switch things around for us this season as that One Formation we played most of last year had us too narrow and clubs just played around us.

Posted an article a few pages back from a Blackpool fan who compared Critchleys Blackpool to Chelsea, City and Liverpool because of the way he expected the fullbacks to bomb forward and help make it effectively a 'Front Five' in attack,

Whilst Cash has been good the past few months in attack, they actually had a similar thing where the Left Back was the more offensive minded or most comfortable player going forwards so was a touch lopsided that way - but the fullbacks were attacking

On 04/06/2022 at 21:38, ender4 said:

If Villa do well then Critchley is the second messiah, if Villa do badly then it’s obviously all Gerrards fault.  

People will laugh at this but this is exactly what happened with Beale. He has somehow managed to walk away with his reputation completely untouched, perhaps even enhanced. 

Critchley is in a win-win situation here. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 21:38, ender4 said:

If Villa do well then Critchley is the second messiah, if Villa do badly then it’s obviously all Gerrards fault.  

Hope not as don't hope high as I don't want other solution - Craig Shakespeare's Case;

Example: As Smith did brilliant until he come in Aston Villa and turn around big mess. Tactical massive change under his roles when come in, and it is cause Smith lots of losses games cos stick his assisant's (Craig) prefer 2 forwards when Smiths system better in 1 forward.  No wonder why Terry and his loyal number 1 left O'Kelly rumours cause of Him was one reason cos Attuitue and stick up Craig over Terry and O'kelly. like that all we out as knew it is mess! 

this led to his downfall. Oh well back to track topic.

Hope Critchley don't do same effect on Gerrard. (I Still Prefer Smith + Terry + O'kelly) over Gerrard but Gerrard got super power pulling piston of Superstar - LOVE IT! Continho and Kamara, Carlos, what a big pulled also with Critchley help might will big change my view of it. 

• Like 1

Great listen here. A stat I liked was during their league 1 promotion season, despite having the most defensive combinations due to injury, they still conceded the least amount of goals. The Blackpool fan said even this season they weren’t on the end of a thrashing in any games, and a -4 goal difference is impressive too. Less points dropped from winning positions please Neil 

• Like 1

I asked on the blackppol fc reddit sub about him using 4-4-2, this is what I got back:

"Mostly because it suited the squad, he was reluctant to do it early on and tried different formations but the results were speaking for themselves and it just happened to work the best for us."

So don't expect us to be playing 4-4-2 I would say.

59 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I asked on the blackppol fc reddit sub about him using 4-4-2, this is what I got back:

"Mostly because it suited the squad, he was reluctant to do it early on and tried different formations but the results were speaking for themselves and it just happened to work the best for us."

So don't expect us to be playing 4-4-2 I would say.

Changing the formation to suit the players available... what is this wizardry?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 06/06/2022 at 14:58, MrBlack said:

Changing the formation to suit the players available... what is this wizardry?

I went out with a girl from Blackpool many years ago. Off with the fairies is as politely as I can put it. If there’s something in the air up there and Critchley has breathed plenty in, then who knows what’s going to happen. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I went out with a girl from Blackpool many years ago. Off with the fairies is as politely as I can put it. If there’s something in the air up there and Critchley has breathed plenty in, then who knows what’s going to happen. 

Fish, chips and gravy in the players canteen

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 11:28, dont_do_it_doug. said:

People will laugh at this but this is exactly what happened with Beale. He has somehow managed to walk away with his reputation completely untouched, perhaps even enhanced. 

Critchley is in a win-win situation here. 

Not with me. Our team looked a mess at times last season, and I posted several times that the coaching was the problem.

• Like 2

On 11/06/2022 at 17:44, AntrimBlack said:

Not with me. Our team looked a mess at times last season, and I posted several times that the coaching was the problem.

I mean, in fairness, just because you posted it doesn't mean it's true. I think it's pretty easy to point fingers from the outside, but I doubt it's a black and white situation. Then there's that improvement between Smith/Gerrard, but in counter to that there's the different players etc. etc.

Edited by Rolta

38 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I mean, in fairness, just because you posted it doesn't mean it's true. I think it's pretty easy to point fingers from the outside, but I doubt it's a black and white situation. Then there's that improvement between Smith/Gerrard, but in counter to that there's the different players etc. etc.

but better managers INSIST on better players....and given the support, thats what they attract.

and that's precisely what we are doing.

As an example.....You could give 2 women a wedge of money....the classy one would come back with a high class outfit......the chavvy one would come back with a wardrobe full of junk.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

but better managers INSIST on better players....and given the support, thats what they attract.

and that's precisely what we are doing.

As an example.....You could give 2 women a wedge of money....the classy one would come back with a high class outfit......the chavvy one would come back with a wardrobe full of junk.

Don't know where to start with this.

Do crap managers like Steve Bruce not want good players as well?

Not touching the classist nonsense.

Â