Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Wow. Bloody lucky to be offered the QPR job at exactly the same time as he quit because of arguments with players. 

Did think this as well. lol

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would say Horace is full of shit.

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think it was even as strong as a rumour, JV.

To be fair, Horace is just an FB version of " Villa Report " lol.

He just reshares stuff ( without quotes mostly ) possibly in the hope of looking ITK without claiming it. 

So when it's bollox, he can also say " I'm just sharing " haha.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

True, but worth remembering we've finished 17th, 11th* and 14th so far under this 'well oiled machine'. The true measure of being ran well is success on the pitch, and given the level of investment we haven't seen that at all.

Fair point but are their any examples of teams that have done better since coming back from the Championship. They’ve had to completely rebuild almost twice.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Genuinely curious at to what @Zatmanand @hippothink of this appointment ?

So far its fine, hopefully he can help us play fluid attacking football which we havent so far

Good job at Blackpool so could be positive. Not sure his ass man credentials 😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't someone mention a rumour like this the other day? " Players hated him " etc ?

Screenshot_20220603-174740_Facebook-min.jpg

First thing I thought was, is he Daniel's brother, the second was;)

Unexpected Delights from a British Comics Meme – downthetubes.net 

• Haha 2

On 03/06/2022 at 14:02, romavillan said:

Anybody got some good analysis of how he likes to play?

Critchley played a 4-4-2  36 times  and a  4-2-3-1   6 times last season

He played Madine  and  Lavery up front with yates slotting in on occasion

Tactically it suggests that he does not play with attacking full backs and prefers the winger system.

I hope he is able to switch things around for us this season as that One Formation we played most of last year had us too narrow and clubs just played around us.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Critchley played a 4-4-2  36 times  and a  4-2-3-1   6 times last season

He played Madine  and  Lavery up front with yates slotting in on occasion

Tactically it suggests that he does not play with attacking full backs and prefers the winger system.

I hope he is able to switch things around for us this season as that One Formation we played most of last year had us too narrow and clubs just played around us.

Someone with knowledge of Blackpool and the Championship will no doubt be able to explain if this was down to him wanting to play that way or if it was down to the formation being best suited to the players he had available.

I have zero insight.

Edited by sne

Be interesting to see how Critchley deals with top level players and how they deal with him. Only having trained with youth and low level players is a risk for us. Would have preferred a more high level experienced coach to mitigate Gerrards lack of experience.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Â