Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Anything at all? Sounds like the easiest job imaginable.

In modern football where everyone is a head coach he does have it easy. It's not a dig. Ferguson was the best of the best at it. It's a skill getting people in the right roles and empowering them to perform. In todays football Gerrard does seem to have an easy gig. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Found this really interesting from a Blackpool fan right back at the start of the season about how Critchley's attacking tactics were changing this year and to be fair, you can immediately understand the likeness to what it appears Gerrard & Beale have had us working towards 

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2021/08/27/analysis-high-five-how-blackpool-attack-like-the-worlds-best-teams/amp/

We tried this a lot when we first got promoted and it just wasn't working. We'd get caught with too many men forward often.

It should work better this time round as we have far better players.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

In modern football where everyone is a head coach he does have it easy. It's not a dig. Ferguson was the best of the best at it. It's a skill getting people in the right roles and empowering them to perform. In todays football Gerrard does seem to have an easy gig. 

Would you say that applies to most top flight modern managers?

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I’m just pleased that Gerrard seems to know exactly what he wants, and this appointment will (hopefully) prove that he is making the right decisions.

Really excited by this appointment, and I think that this could make a big difference vs. last season.

46 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Next shirt sponsor. Google Maps. 

I think you mean "Gerrard Maps", the new app ready to challenge Google Maps for world domination in the interactive maps genre.

Gerrard Maps CEO said in a statement:

"I know where you live son, and I'm coming to talk to you about my "project"!".

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but “The Wilderness Years” went on for what seemed like a lifetime and probably was for some people. I like this new version now I’m getting used to it. Still I can understand why people are a bit nervous when things go wobbly. When you’ve had years of under investment, unkept promises, outright fraud and disinterested miss management, this well oiled machine we’ve become, takes a bit of getting used to. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c85f3563bdb6cff9d5dff9a4afe544fd.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He signed a 5 year contract at Blackpool last Nov, we must have had to pay a few quid compensation to get him out of that

The be fair Blackpool need the money. They probably took a couple a of grand.

13 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He signed a 5 year contract at Blackpool last Nov, we must have had to pay a few quid compensation to get him out of that

I'm wondering if we will have just used whatever QPR might have had to pay us for Beale?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't tell whether you know that's a pisstake or not.

I don't think it's real no.

It's like when Smith first joined and all those stills were around with funny fake quotes saying stuff like "I want to absolutely annihilate the opposition in games"

There's no doubt he did join because of Gerrard though.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Someone has taken a quote from Kamara

Boubacar Kamara: “It’s my choice. I had this feeling with Aston Villa, & I was very happy. When the coach comes to see you at home, when he makes the trip, when he explains the project, his ambition for me in the years to come, I take this into account..”

and made a variation of it for Critchley as some sort of joke.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm wondering if we will have just used whatever QPR might have had to pay us for Beale?

Knowing the way our club is managed I would expect we made a little profit on the transactions :). Beale's contract would have been more expensive to get out of than Critchley's. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't tell whether you know that's a pisstake or not.

A piss take. As he and Gerrard already know each other and are friends I am sure it was an opportunity to have a little dig. I wonder what Kamara thinks of it. I would like to see a response from him LOL

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In todays football Gerrard does seem to have an easy gig. 

You can't really think this? There wasn't a huge amount of pressure on SG last season due to timing of his arrival etc., and yet still the criticism and scrutiny was relentless, understandably, in many ways. Next season will probably be the most pressure he's ever come across in his footballing career, with his reputation and future on the line, where no excuses will be tolerated in what's surely the strongest the PL has ever been. There's nothing easy about this gig, or any in this division.

Â