Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Unfortunately Critchley had passport issues preventing him going on tour but hopefully he can catch up and impart his coaching knowledge on the team prior to the kick off in a few weeks.

Really? You’re joking surely? That our main coach missed a couple of weeks of a short preseason 🙄

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really? You’re joking surely? That our main coach missed a couple of weeks of a short preseason 🙄

I'm more confused/concerned about how/why a top coach doesn't have a valid passport ( If what they are telling us is true ) lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm more confused/concerned about how/why a top coach doesn't have a valid passport ( If what they are telling us is true ) lol

he only signed just before because Beale went to QPR so probably didn’t expect to be travelling abroad so soon and with processing passport times at the moment it was just bad timing.  Not everybody is fortunate to have dual passports either, thankfully I do which avoids situations like this.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not joking. Shame really as it would’ve been a good opportunity to gel with the squad and start getting his ideas across.

Hopefully it won’t take too long for that now 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

he only signed just before because Beale went to QPR so probably didn’t expect to be travelling abroad so soon and with processing passport times at the moment it was just bad timing.  Not everybody is fortunate to have dual passports either, thankfully I do which avoids situations like this.

Yeah but there is a fast track system where you can get a passport on the day if you’re willing to pay and turn up at the passport processing office.   Couldn’t he have just done that rather than the 2-3 month wait by posting his passport off like us commoners.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you sure? There are reports for ages that you can’t get an appointment through that service because they have stopped doing because they are short on staff and I just tried myself on the website as a test to book a face to face and it said there are no current availability 

I do not believe for one second that the club/NC could’ve got a passport but didn’t. Unfortunately he has missed an important and sizeable part of our preseason, if that could’ve been avoided then I’m certain the club would’ve.

I am not usually negative about the club, but it seems inconceivable that for a club spending mega millions, the head coach missed an important part of preseason because he did not have a valid passport.

That is just weird.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am not usually negative about the club, but it seems inconceivable that for a club spending mega millions, the head coach missed an important part of preseason because he did not have a valid passport.

That is just weird.

Not sure how that is the fault of the club.  The deadline for him applying for a passport and getting it back was before he joined us.  It would have been far more weird to not sign a head coach just because he didn't have a valid passport.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, allani said:

Not sure how that is the fault of the club.  The deadline for him applying for a passport and getting it back was before he joined us.  It would have been far more weird to not sign a head coach just because he didn't have a valid passport.

What I find weird is that someone in his position did not have a valid passport. No fault of the club; there must have been a collective sigh of `what the f@ck' from the club when they were appraised of the news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

What I find weird is that someone in his position did not have a valid passport. No fault of the club; there must have been a collective sigh of `what the f@ck' from the club when they were appraised of the news.

Don't forget everything happened very quickly with his appointment, he probably didn't think he'd have to travel abroad with his previous club until Villa recruited him. It's been well documented that there are huge passport delays due to shortage of staff. These things happen.

Pretty sure he was at the game yesterday, was weird because just as I was thinking he probably took charge of the Fulham game the camera showed he and Gerrard talking on the sideline, or if it wasn't him was someone that looked very much like him.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My wife’s been waiting 9 weeks now. Summer holidays ruined. 

Back on topic, I assume he would have at least got an extra day with the players that didn’t travel to France.

Pretty sure he was at the game yesterday

• Thanks 1

Â