Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

33 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's been happening for quite a while now. 

Yep

And people wanted purslow and lange out... The infrastructure at the club is seemingly brilliant 

Lose 3 games in a row and thr knives will be back out 

• Like 2

Nobody says no when Stevie G comes knocking at your home. 

Welcome Neil! I had never heard of you until yesterday, now I believe you to be one of the best coaches we could have hoped to get. No pressure la! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Found this really interesting from a Blackpool fan right back at the start of the season about how Critchley's attacking tactics were changing this year and to be fair, you can immediately understand the likeness to what it appears Gerrard & Beale have had us working towards 

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2021/08/27/analysis-high-five-how-blackpool-attack-like-the-worlds-best-teams/amp/

Really interesting. It’s clear we have something similar. 

Last season, you would see a lot of this in attack…

————————Watkins————————
Digne——Coutinho——Buendia—Cash
———Ramsey———————McGinn——
—————————Luiz——————————

The problem we had was Luiz and McGInn weren’t great at the defensive elements and Ramsey often bombed on leaving us exposed. 

Take Luiz and McGinn out of that set up with two defensive minded players - Kamara + new signing - and the system will be more balanced straight away. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I'm both impressed and alarmed that Gerrard knows where everybody lives in the world. 

Steven Gerrard has a specific set of skills, a set of skills he has acquired  over a long career, he will find you he will…..

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think on paper it's an exceptional appointment. I did find it odd but revisting that Emi Martinez interview I see why now. He's going to be pretty much the manager here running most things.

Gerrard by all accounts doesn't do much of anything.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's been happening for quite a while now. 

Yes but “The Wilderness Years” went on for what seemed like a lifetime and probably was for some people. I like this new version now I’m getting used to it. Still I can understand why people are a bit nervous when things go wobbly. When you’ve had years of under investment, unkept promises, outright fraud and disinterested miss management, this well oiled machine we’ve become, takes a bit of getting used to. 

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think on paper it's an exceptional appointment. I did find it odd but revisting that Emi Martinez interview I see why now. He's going to be pretty much the manager here running most things.

Gerrard by all accounts doesn't do much of anything.

Anything at all? Sounds like the easiest job imaginable.

Â