Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Someone has taken a quote from Kamara

Boubacar Kamara: “It’s my choice. I had this feeling with Aston Villa, & I was very happy. When the coach comes to see you at home, when he makes the trip, when he explains the project, his ambition for me in the years to come, I take this into account..”

and made a variation of it for Critchley as some sort of joke.

People are very strange.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In modern football where everyone is a head coach he does have it easy. It's not a dig. Ferguson was the best of the best at it. It's a skill getting people in the right roles and empowering them to perform. In todays football Gerrard does seem to have an easy gig. 

I don't think so

I think footballers are more precious than ever, the mental side of the game is **** huge

His task for this summer is get Ollie Watkins ticking again, find out why he dipped last year, was it the baby was it ings was it losing grealish was it something else... And if he can't get him ticking again he has to have a conversation with lange 

The business side of it I would guess has always been over egged as to the managers role, the kicking a football side of it you can argue that they have bigger teams, the sports science side of it they definitely have bigger teams but I think the man management, happiness and motivational side of it is as hard as it's ever been 

I'd be surprised if we don't already have or we're about to see a shrink added to the medical team, might already be there and we don't know it, mings has said in interviews he sees one 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If you can't feel like these are exciting times, then I'm afraid, you're beyond help.

Or you just look at the PL, PGMOL, UEFA, FFP, the ESL 6 etc and think **** football...

Villa doing everything right doesn't mean that the game is no longer rigged to keep those 6 where the PL want them to be 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

My hunch was that Beale was a bit "One of the lads"...I hope this fella is less of that.

Its hard to work with people day in and day out and not be, very close.

Its SG's job to keep that bit of distance and remain aloof to a degree.....Managers can't "run with the pack" if they value respect.

Most assistants are closer to the players, for that reason.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or you just look at the PL, PGMOL, UEFA, FFP, the ESL 6 etc and think **** football...

Villa doing everything right doesn't mean that the game is no longer rigged to keep those 6 where the PL want them to be 

There are times you would be forgiven for thinking that.......I guess we all like to think the game is impartial, for our sanity.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like all professional sports competitions the structure is designed to see the more successful players/clubs at the top. This is intentional to be able deliver the most entertainment and better quality games. This is how seedings work, Pot A, Pot B etc with football teams for tournaments, Number 1 seed and number 2 seed are in a different half of the draw in Wimbledon. Do you think seeding is 'rigging'? 

Edited by Peter Griffin

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Like all professional sports competitions the structure is designed to see the more successful players/clubs at the top. This is intentional to be able deliver the most entertainment and better quality games. This is how seedings work, Pot A, Pot B etc with football teams for tournaments, Number 1 seed and number 2 seed are in a different half of the draw in Wimbledon. Do you think seeding is 'rigging'? 

to the extent that UEFA do it in their competitions? yes

wimbledon etc no, i can understand it

leagues obviously cant be seeded, FFP though? that's some of the biggest rigging in any sport and the answer to it is seemingly to make it worse

This appears to be a very astute signing.

And with Gerrard's management method , Critchley will have plenty of freedom and responsibility.

Remarkably, he appears to be an upgrade on Beale, who, by the way, seems to have handled the change with real class.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trust me, it was Oswald.

If it doesn't work out for Beale, I'd imagine Gerrard would have him back. Possibly at the expense of one of the coaches he didn't hire, like Danks?

Edited by Xela

It’s almost been a day and I’m still in shock we were able to poach the manager of the club 24 spots below us in the league pyramid. Insane

and he’s very highly thought of. Icing on the cake

19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Trust me, it was Oswald.

its not a conspiracy though is it

there is a rule that caps spending as it links it to revenue

there are then 2 organisations that pay more money to teams that are more successful in their competitions - the PL paid man city £40m more than they paid Aston Villa in 21/22

villa's starting point every summer is £80m+ behind the top 4 teams, £50m+ behind the other 2 - and that's then before you look at the marketing and commercial benefits that come with that success, we are trying to catch teams that have circa £250 - 400m more in revenue per year than we do under rules that link spending to revenue...and you think its not rigged?

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there are then 2 organisations that pay more money to teams that are more successful in their competitions - the PL paid man city £40m more than they paid Aston Villa in 21/22

villa's starting point every summer is £80m+ behind the top 4 teams, £50m+ behind the other 2 - and that's then before you look at the marketing and commercial benefits that come with that success, we are trying to catch teams that have circa £250 - 400m more in revenue per year than we do under rules that link spending to revenue...and you think its not rigged?

And yet you still emotionally invest yourself in football. 

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is it not normal and fair to pay the teams that finish higher up the league more money?

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Is it not normal and fair to pay the teams that finish higher up the league more money?

Got no problem with different prize money

The problem is then linking what each club can spend to that prize money 

• Like 3

Â