Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

No manager, can survive on the back of consistent defeats.....Every football manager knows that before they take the job.

However, they must be given time and money to build their own team.

That is the bit, that is usually up for debate......How Long and How much?

Some fans are premature,in their conclusions and some procrastinate, in theirs.

64 million dollar question.

ps Lets hope Neil Critchley can make a big impression on the team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 11:46, nick76 said:

You’ve provided a very good assessment, the problem though it that the only thing that does matter is results though for a manager.  It’s what he’s judged on more than anything else.  

It’s the reality of football and life that if a manager doesn’t get results he’s sacked…it doesn’t matter all the other good stuff or bad stuff for that matter, it’s about results.  

The buck stops with the manager, it’s got more and more centric around this as the money in the game has got bigger and bigger.

I don’t think people misunderstand, I think people don’t care about the other stuff, it’s all about on the pitch and the results from it.  The outcome of that lands at the managers door.

Oh I agree, it’s all about results at the end of the day. The rest is just a sideshow. Perhaps misunderstand is the wrong word, maybe I meant people don’t appreciate all the many different aspects of the job, me included. But thinking about it, you’re probably right they don’t care, why should they? There’s a well established and simple system for judging sporting success. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I could see another Prem club wanting him next summer. 

I can see why he might not have enjoyed the cameras on him. Seems a bit quieter and more nervous than Beale.  It seems that he loves to coach and has maybe scratched the itch of being a manager. 

I think he will be here for a while. Just waiting to see if his coaching translates onto the pitch  . If it doesnt then its the system thats not good enough, rather than the players. 

I do have a good feeling about him. Gerrard will need to be more vocal and i think it will be a good partnership 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I can see why he might not have enjoyed the cameras on him. Seems a bit quieter and more nervous than Beale.  It seems that he loves to coach and has maybe scratched the itch of being a manager. 

I think he will be here for a while. Just waiting to see if his coaching translates onto the pitch  . If it doesnt then its the system thats not good enough, rather than the players. 

I do have a good feeling about him. Gerrard will need to be more vocal and i think it will be a good partnership 

I like the look of him. A concern I had with Beale is that he appeared to be a little bit "one of the lads". He tweets, which is a bit weird. And ultimately whatever tactical nous he was trying to impart on the team didn't quite happen. 

Critchley looked really demonstrative and intense in the training video. We need that intensity as a team. Beale seemed a bit casual.

I'm very optimistic about Critchley. 

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I like the look of him. A concern I had with Beale is that he appeared to be a little bit "one of the lads". He tweets, which is a bit weird. And ultimately whatever tactical nous he was trying to impart on the team didn't quite happen. 

Critchley looked really demonstrative and intense in the training video. We need that intensity as a team. Beale seemed a bit casual.

I'm very optimistic about Critchley. 

Mate it's 2022. You think a member of the coaching staff " tweeting " is weird?

Especially when most if not anything he used to post was positive about the club and players.

Sorry I don't get it.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate it's 2022. You think a member of the coaching staff " tweeting " is weird?

Especially when most if not anything he used to post was positive about the club and players.

Sorry I don't get it.

Weird in that it is unusual and unexpected. I've never seen another manager or coach tweet anything, ever. So yeah, weird!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its great to have such a qualified coach settled in so quickly. Ive always wanted to see a really well coached Villa side that look that way every time they step on the pitch. Hopefully now is that time.

He really could be Jamie Vardys old man listening to him speak

To be honest I’d settle for us looking like we’ve even practised a thrown in once or twice!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

What do you think about my other points, @JAMAICAN-VILLAN?

Sorry for delayed response mate. It was late here.

I agree with your sentiment in a sense, he might have been too comfortable and/or always had that itch to be his own Man/Manager so not as motivated as he could be?

Impossible for us to know though really.

Good seeing Critchley very involved from very early.

Funny thing this he seems a bit shy in the interview but completely in control on the training ground 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He’s the manager in all but name and media duties. 

• Haha 2

Just watched his interview...

Critchley seems a good guy, Beale seemed aloof to me and I was never sure about him.

Interestingly the point was made that Critchley is regarded as being good at nurturing the younger players; we certainly have a great crop of young players.

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

Weird in that it is unusual and unexpected. I've never seen another manager or coach tweet anything, ever. So yeah, weird!

Our manager has an Instagram account and posts stuff

I think there's every chance that he could be the signing of the summer. I'm still fairly certain that we haven't unlocked the potential of the players we already have, and if this guy can do that it could be worth two or three new signings in itself.

Â