Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

It's never Gerrards fault

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Boulderdash.

We conceded 2 goals in 3 minutes. He left Ramsey as a number 10 which he isn't, leaving us no outball and he gives us nothing defensively: No press and no ability to win back the ball.

If nothing else, you slow the game down by making a substitution. Give the players a chance to gather themselves and put someone on in their correct position.

Poor from Gerrard.

It's a Steve Bruce sub. Take off someone who can occupy people and control the ball and take the sting out of it for someone who can run about and defend I guess. When already as deep as anything and with no ball retention or out ball.

It was a **** awful sub but its never Gerrards fault. Ever.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Good performance before their first goal. They were always going to go after us with what is at stake.

Some ridiculous over reactions, I wonder how many are peeved Jack got a trophy.

It was tbf. In hindsight Nakamba was an awful sub and we should have stayed stronger than that. 3 goals in 5min is just embarrassing though.

Roll on next season.

Just now, sidcow said:

If we had lost 3 - 2 in normal circumstances people would have been relieved and thankful. The manner of it is disappointing but it doesn't take away that we did great today and we're so close to getting a result. 

Again, as I said in the other thread, it would have been far far better to lose 5 or 6 nil. This is the absolute worst possible outcome. Now, our collapse/their comeback is going to pass into Premier League folklore and you're going to see it time after time after time, each time with men in suits talking about how incredible it is and how wonderful Manchester **** City are as if they didn't have one of the worst countries in the world bankrolling their blood money exploits. 

Whatever happened today I was going to be miserable, but we have found the maximally miserable outcome. It could not be worse. **** me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Boulderdash.

We conceded 2 goals in 3 minutes. He left Ramsey as a number 10 which he isn't, leaving us no outball and he gives us nothing defensively: No press and no ability to win back the ball.

If nothing else, you slow the game down by making a substitution. Give the players a chance to gather themselves and put someone on in their correct position.

Poor from Gerrard.

You say it like it's so easy, great to say in hindsight. Every manager we've had in the premier league has surrendered leads to the big teams, we just don't have the mental capacity yet, we just don't believe.

Absolutely peak classic villa.

It’s the hope that kills you.

Went Watkins for MoTM despite the fact that if he could just be that little bit more capable we’d have won the game at a canter.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

We collapsed but City knew from the start that they were playing with 12 men. 

How City lay on the ground for more than 2 mins of added time and the ref added 30 seconds on! 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

On plus side, few more quality players in the squad and we will have a great season 

Exactly. 

With a bit more composure in front of goal we could’ve been out of sight.

Sadly we have to rely on the likes of Nakamba to come off the bench.

next year hopefully the squad will be stronger 

• Like 2

Â