Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

Thought we gave City one hell of a game and pushed them to the end of the game.

IMO the game changed with the substitutions. City's worked and ours didn't. 

Overall - we did better than I thought we would and the defeat was as expected.

Put a bet on City at half time so free money in the bag (would obviously rather we won but we were never going to).

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

If I was Lincoln City playing Real Madrid, I'd still find it unacceptable to concede three goals in less than five minutes. Pathetic and weak, there are no excuses for that regardless of how solid you are for the rest of the game.

What makes it worse is that none of us are really surprised, Villa are a mentally and physically weak team who buckle under the slightest push.

I mean, it happened against Wolves so it’s nothing to do with City’s class.  We’re psychologically pathetic.

The shite subs didn’t help.

• Like 2

Just now, pacbuddies said:

The only sub Gerrard needed to make was Ings for Watkins and the stupid scouse clearing in the woods takes off Coutinho and Buendia and brings on Nakamba & the pensioner Young and it all fell apart!

Coutinho was dead on his feet, but he coudl have put Traore in there or Chuk. I really don't think the subs made that much difference to be honest.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Not really sure why people are saying that was embarrassing or slating us. I fully expected us to get smashed by an incredible team at their place. If the ref had been applying the actual rules of the game we shoudl have had a penalty and a host of other weird decisions in City's favour. We had the wherewithal to get 2 up in the first place exploiting their nervousness. I'm not Gerrard's number one fan but you can't have it both ways, he set the team up that got 2 in front. Had we had Martinez I think he claims the cross for the first goal and saves their second quite comfortably, that's not Gerrard's fault.

We gave them a decent game in the end really, Chambers was very good indeed. Let's see what the summer brings.

Because it was embarrassing, first wolves then this, two pins poor collapses in the same season

• Like 2

Just now, Mantis said:

Are you forgetting the Wolves collapse, which was 10 times worse than this one?

The weak mentality runs through the entire club. Hard to blame on any manager really.

I mean, the Wolves collapse was awful. But it'd not like. We were in a habit of collapsing last season? 

What's all this rubbish " oh well we played against the best and didn't get hammered? Wtf ? 

2 nil up ( not that they showed the 2nd goal as instead the screen went to spurz v Norwich) 

Keeping mcginn and Ramsey on who had very average and that's being generous, games and neither were contributing to the team shape by the time big phil was taken off, let alone trying to win the midfield.

Nakamba ? Yeah the less said about his contributions for this game the better.

Watkins ? Oh my days, how can you have 3 1 on 1s and manage to only have 1 shot which is off target ? 3 misses or 3 saves fair enough but not even getting a shot away in 2 of them ? 

Chambers did well and up until he conceded olsen was growing into the game, then he sort of fell apart, far too slow for their equaliser then stopped trying to claim the ball altogether.

We are too slow, and the times we break a good 70% it gets passed all the way back to the keeper. 

At 2 nil with 15 ( well to be honest judging by the ref stopping the game 2 minutes early) he would have just played on until the home team got the desired result. 

Did we beat Liverpool 7-2 last season when they were champions ? So why on earth at 2 nil with 15 to go should we not be expecting at the very least a draw ?

Have expectations dropped that low that people are happy we just show up ? 

• Like 2

Didn't watch it as I was watching The Northman so my reactions might not vibe with most others.   The dude in The Northman spends THE ENTIRE film walking around like he's come out of ASDA with 14 carrier bags.   Had me in tears the whole film.    Modern football eh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Some comments on here are totally embarrassing, it wasn’t a collapse the players  worked hard and went 2 up against the top team in the league who needed to win to become champions so why wouldn’t they step up in the last 20minutes, for fu**s sake most so called fans on here were predicting a massive defeat before kick off anyway. Love being a Villa supporter but not so keen on Villa ‘fans’ .

What other word would you use to describe going from 2-0 to 2-3 in the space of 6 minutes?

We gotta be the worst team in the world for conceding multiple goals in quick succession. As soon as City got 1, you knew it would be a matter of minutes for the 2nd. And it's been like this for years, so can't exactly put it on Gerrard subs, although Nakamba was a disaster today. Taking off Coutinho for a DM at 2-0 up away from home, is not an absurd thing to do. Coutinho does tire and you know Man City would come on strong. Just the DM that came on did not really offer the D you would expect. 

• Like 1

Â