Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

had to get the wife to turn Final Score off.

The bloke the BBC had reporting sounding like a cum-junkie in the middle of getting a 50-man bukkake.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, smg said:

Some comments on here are totally embarrassing, it wasn’t a collapse the players  worked hard and went 2 up against the top team in the league who needed to win to become champions so why wouldn’t they step up in the last 20minutes, for fu**s sake most so called fans on here were predicting a massive defeat before kick off anyway. Love being a Villa supporter but not so keen on Villa ‘fans’ .

Yes, yes it was.

If conceding 3 goals in 5 minutes doesn’t constitute a collapse, what does?

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We put in a good show. Gerrard got his tactics spot on.

One thing that really impressed me today was how well we switched off on players...City thrives on creating overloads, but we stuck to our shape and picked them up when they tried to cross our zones. You rarely saw a City player unmarked.

Only thing I can really say is Nakamba needs to get the **** out of this club. He is joint with Samatta for the worst player we have signed in recent times. Gerrard is a terrible manager if he thinks putting him on against a team like City will help us AT ALL. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Some comments on here are totally embarrassing, it wasn’t a collapse the players  worked hard and went 2 up against the top team in the league who needed to win to become champions so why wouldn’t they step up in the last 20minutes, for fu**s sake most so called fans on here were predicting a massive defeat before kick off anyway. Love being a Villa supporter but not so keen on Villa ‘fans’ .

I predicted 1-0 Villa, it could have been even better than that. 5 mins of madness ruined it. Plenty of positives for me though and we appear to have bought a DM 

• Like 1

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If fitness levels don't dramatically improve next season then it will be difficult to make any progress. I hope they can.

Yeah. I think the Burnley game didn't help us in that respect.

I said to my wife we would bottle it at 2-0. These gutless collapses need to be cut out, it’s been a problem for far too long.

Edited by Strog
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't wait to relive this incredible memory on "The Premier League Years"™!!

fml

The only benefit (and it’s a minor, minor one) is that despite the comeback there was literally no back and forth between who was top of the table that would have added extra drama to the occasion. No swapping of places.

City have literally been top all day, Liverpool second all day.

I think that game was a case in Gerrard's favour, more than anything. We looked organised defensively for a change and played well for the most part. 

We conceded three world class goals tbf.

• Like 2

They're a team that can bring on top quality talent where as we bring on Nakamba. 

We all know that our midfield is not good enough and it certainly follows that the mid subs are even less so. 

On to next season, hopefully we will improve and get closer to the top half.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

The Nakamba sub cost us, but I understood why he thought to do it. It’s not really a good idea to sit back against City… Watkins not finishing his dinner didn’t help(I feel like I’m repeating myself with our strikers)

Some of the comments though are a bit OTT, I’m sure a lot of you were silent when we were 2-0 up. 

Anyway we finally got our DM early so here’s hoping to a great summer.

Yeh this, makes perfect sense on paper but we went to pieces when he came on.

• Like 1

Â