Ratings & Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/22 at 23:00

23 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It was hilarious how they were sat as though identifying a deceased friends body with the score still at 0-0! Then like the bunch of glory hunting babies they are the disgust and disownership of their team was clear for all to see and as for when we scored the 2nd lol! Then the pathetic gloating and p-taking as soon as they got the third summed up exactly why those kind of plastic fans support "whoever the top team of the moment is". For me it shows a chararcter weakness, the fact they pick those teams even though they live in somewhere like London or Birmingham just highlights that it's purely because they want to be part of the mick taking crew at school or something. They can't handle the idea of losing and being ridiculed, so they pick the team which wins most rather than the logical local club at which they can attend games far easier.

Of course you then have the people who don't understand local loyalty because they don't actually originate form this country. I understand that better and welcome our overseas fans with open arms but if you were brought up here and your family history is UK based I simply can't understand why you would not support your local team? Unless that aforementioned character weakness is prevalent of course.

I am surrounded by Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea fans at work..... in the east Midlands. They are always the ones who gloat and have that entitled attitude. There are also around 4 or 5 Villa fans, several Forest, Leicester & Derby fans and other random ones. Those guys are usually the more genuine fans who actually attend games. The Glory hunters never or very seldom do. Says all you need to know.

This post is exactly why I wanted us to lose. Plastic Liverpool fans are unbearable and everywhere. City fans - who?

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

No you're right, gifting them 3 goals in 5 minutes and giving those goofy fans that emotional high was way better than a boring, bog standard 4-0 loss.

I saw Villa have a bog standard 4-0 loss in September of 68.  I never want to see that again.

Most of us would have been happy with a 3-2 loss ahead of the game. Two lovely goals, one from Cash and one from Coutinho.

The universe is fundamentally chaotic, and football matches are part of the universe. Get over it.

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I saw Villa have a bog standard 4-0 loss in September of 68.  I never want to see that again.

Most of us would have been happy with a 3-2 loss ahead of the game. Two lovely goals, one from Cash and one from Coutinho.

The universe is fundamentally chaotic, and football matches are part of the universe. Get over it.

I've been over it. I'm getting quoted like 2 days later for a post I made right after the match lol

I didn't like the way we lost, it's not that serious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I've been over it. I'm getting quoted like 2 days later for a post I made right after the match lol

Fair enough :) but losing 4-0 away is sore score for me ...  You don't likely remember September of 68. It will be blocked from most Villa fans' collective memories forever.

On 23/05/2022 at 14:02, Tom13 said:

First goal - Cash needs to be more aware of Gundogan behind him.

Second goal - Buendia beaten far too easily, and Olsen IMO should be saving that shot.

Third goal - Cash again beaten to it at the far post. Mings' touch wasn't ideal. But it was awkward.

• Luiz didn't react quick enough either to Mings poor touch......De Bruyne was alert.
  • Ramsey was also slow to react to Rodri's presence on the ball.
  • but its poor, when you do the same thing twice, with the same player scoring twice.

It was just tired minds and legs, after containing so well.

26 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • Luiz didn't react quick enough either to Mings poor touch......De Bruyne was alert.
  • Ramsey was also slow to react to Rodri's presence on the ball.
  • but its poor, when you do the same thing twice, with the same player scoring twice.

It was just tired minds and legs, after containing so well.

Yeah, bear in mind we played Thursday night too and those rocket polishers had plenty of time. We were well organised and frustrated them for long periods but when you’re doing that, chasing the ball and running yourself ragged for 70 minutes its easy for mistakes to creep in toward the latter stages. Also helps when you can bring on the types of players off the bench that they can. Everything was stacked against us in this uneven playing field we call the Premier League. Its why they have won 4/5 league titles and will probably win the next 5 too. Sick off that club tbh

• Like 1

Â