Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can someone help, which pub will the Villa fans be drinking in before the game? Cheers 

Was about to ask, Apparently free shuttle buses are on from town to stadium but not sure from where. 

Not sure if much to do by the ground?

BBC: Steven Gerrard says a win at Brighton today would be "the medicine we need right now," following successive defeats by Newcastle and Watford. "Brighton gives us the opportunity to bounce back," he said. "A good win here is the medicine we need right now - it’s been a tough couple of weeks in terms of results. We had a really strong consistent start and we were probably punching above our weight to what people were expecting. That tells me that we have the basis and potential of a really good team and squad of players. The character and personality of players after the last couple of results has been what I wanted to see."

Despite sitting in 13th place, Gerrard is optimistic that his side can still finish within the top 10, but says there's no complacency in their positioning. "We move forward and we have to persevere. I knew coming into this job it was going to take time to get right but what I would say about my players is that everyone is trying to pull in the right direction to change results."

There's just something I worry about whenever I hear SG speak that I can't put my finger on - fear a loss now.

Draw against Leeds, loss against Watford and Newcastle, a loss here will just be the icing on the cake to be the shittest team in the league. Sorry guys just ain't feeling it.

It's a must win.................yet again.

Edited by foreveryoung

Can’t see us getting anything to be quite honest. We look abject, bereft of ideas and any sign of hard work required we shy away from and accept defeat before it’s happened. 

We could get a draw but I think we will lose this 2-1. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I think if we don't win today finishing in the top half is going to be a very tall order.

If we win I think it's still going to be a very tall order, still at least we're not Leeds! :D