Pre match thread

mottaloo

On 22/02/2022 at 12:56, PaulC said:

Having him as a cdm will give us extra protection and allow the fullbacks to bomb forward. its not exciting but needs must. 

If it gets results, it doesn’t have to be exciting. We need to get back to being hard to beat like we were last season

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It'd be cool to do a show if support to Ukraine with Brighton fans or definitely at VP. Big 🇺🇦 flag, maybe?

not sure football / sport and world politics should coexist together but it's touch for the nation. I can't stand the fans of these ex soviet / baltic countries, most **** racist retards going, such a long history. Hence the separation for the poor souls caught up in this and football.  

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He got dominated by Ashley Westwood last week. Guy is incredibly overrated on here

He was brilliant against us 1st game despite them losing 2-0. Think he is a very good player person. Miles better than nakamba.  Probably why he is rated so highly

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Kinda happy that the club haven’t been as active on the socials, with training content ect. That would have annoyed me.

Cannot remember the last time we beat this team away. I can’t see us winning this one unfortunately but I hope that I am wrong.

Can't remember us losing there either.  We always seem to draw.

We have drawn our last four league games at Brighton and last won there in 1982. Our last defeat down there was in 1980 and I remember it well, during that Championship winning season:flag:.  I would take another draw myself. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 16:07, Villatillidie95 said:

can't see us doing the double over them, we were quite fortunate in the home game and they should have buried a couple in that game. Cucurella was causing us problems all game. Maupay won't have another quite one against us, a draw would have to be seen as a good result. Players have it in them to get the 3 points but i just dont have the faith that we will deliver on the day.

don't agree with that.  thought Gerrard had his best game as a manager against Brighton.   He saw the issues we had in the first half and effectively nullified them after the break by putting someone on bissouma.  Potter made a mistake by taking off their wing backs and we looked the better team from them on.

Well over the last few weeks we’ve seen poor some really poor performances and results. It feels like I’ve said this a couple of times this season already but we need to stop the rot. Win or draw, I’ll take either right now.

Konsa comes back in for me but I really would consider using Chambers in a defensive midfield position  for a couple of games and see if this helps us take a bit more control in the middle of the park?

Ramsey definitely keeps his place but I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Luiz and McGinn starting yet again.

Ings I think will get the nod to start this one again but Bailey and Watkins should certainly be used at some point.

I thought we would beat Newcastle and Watford, so I’m not going to predict another win for us here in case I jinx us again. Will take a 1-1 all day long.

Martinez

Cash        Konsa              Mings        Digne

Ramsey      Chambers      McGinn

Buendia       Coutinho

Ings

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Well over the last few weeks we’ve seen poor some really poor performances and results. It feels like I’ve said this a couple of times this season already but we need to stop the rot. Win or draw, I’ll take either right now.

Konsa comes back in for me but I really would consider using Chambers in a defensive midfield position  for a couple of games and see if this helps us take a bit more control in the middle of the park?

Ramsey definitely keeps his place but I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Luiz and McGinn starting yet again.

Ings I think will get the nod to start this one again but Bailey and Watkins should certainly be used at some point.

I thought we would beat Newcastle and Watford, so I’m not going to predict another win for us here in case I jinx us again. Will take a 1-1 all day long.

Martinez

Cash        Konsa              Mings        Digne

Ramsey      Chambers      McGinn

Buendia       Coutinho

Ings

I want to see Chambers in the middle tomorrow as well, but as part of a pivot. Could be Luiz or Sanson. I don’t think he’s mobile enough to be there alone