Pre match thread

mottaloo

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Perhaps playing two strikers is about giving us a bit more ability to close their full backs out wide? I dunno.

I'm surprised people are quite so horrified with the rest of the selection other than Buendia being out.

And congratulations to Tommi O'Reilly on the bench again - he's done brilliantly.

I think most people wanted *something* different, not the side we play when we’re already losing 2-0.

Just now, a m ole said:

I think most people wanted *something* different, not the side we play when we’re already losing 2-0.

But there's the problem - our best eleven aren't playing well, but they are our best eleven - it's hard to make changes without weakening us, but it's also hard to leave it as it is when it's not going well.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

It’s definitely the latter, but it’s what we always play.

what we always play would be 4-3-2-1, in which case Buendia over Watkins all day long if Watkins is supposed to play as one of the 2 10s...

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think everyone will instantly look to Watkins and Ings but for me personally this midfield has been shit for a long time now and almost same as deano the reluctance to break up the mcginn and Luiz pairing is maddening, it doesn't work and hasn't for a long time 

Sanson deserves a chance IMO 

Yeah Chambers-Sanson-McGinn is what I'd have tried today. Give McGinn a slightly more free role and then can still have Ramsey and Coutinho just off the CF.

This line up. Oh well, I'll keep quiet until the end of the game. But looks like a really poor choice and makes me doubt the manager. Hopefully there's a system change and I'll be proven wrong and ignorant.