Pre match thread

mottaloo

3 minutes ago, Strog said:

Some players clearly immune from being benched. Can’t see anything but a loss here, hope I’m wrong.

I think Brighton's slow plodding play will help us today.

Despite the team selection I think we will get something today.

oh my.

Konsa brought straight back in, when his own form wasnt great, and tbh i dont think Chambers did much, if anything wrong in his 2 games.

The midfield is still the same after the consistent dross from it.......

Sanson must have bedded Gerrard's wife.

Ings & Watkins together.

LOL.

I give up.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It will be interesting to see if it's 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 - I really hope it's the first of those, I don't want to see Watkins as a ten again. Ever.

Im not expecting him to change formation. Expect Watkins as a 10.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Its like Steve Bruce tactics, take off the creator and stick another striker on. I expect we will see a lot more long balls from Mings/McGinn to because they will have no pass on. 

This.

Gerrard clueless. Theres three options to that lineup, all crap.

- Watkins and Ings in a 2 together, which demonstrably doesn't work, with Coutinho doing all creative work centrally. Against a team that play 3 CBs and a £50m CM we're desperate to buy to fix our own central issues. All of their gaps are wide.

- Watkins wide left, out of position, with Coutinho wide right, out of position.

- Coutinho on the left and Watkins on the right, way out of position.

(We'll win now)

I'm looking forward to today's match. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I'm not thinking about our last match, or the one before that, I'm thinking about this afternoon.

I hope we put a couple or more in the Brighton net, and I hope the fans have a good time.

I'm also looking forward to watching how Bissouma plays, and more important "where he actually plays'.

Let's hope it's a good entertaining match.

Up the Villa!

• Like 3

Chambers absolutely doesn’t deserve to be dropped and we are crying out for a DM and that’s where he excelled at Fulham and he is clearly match fit!

I just despair. Instead of Tactics Tim we have Systems Steve. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

what we always play would be 4-3-2-1, in which case Buendia over Watkins all day long if Watkins is supposed to play as one of the 2 10s...

Yeah but we switch at 70 minutes by bringing the other striker on for the 10 all the time. It’s our plan B as our plan A.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Not happy with that line up. Why the **** has he Dropped Buendia?!

They had a row in the tunnel after the Watford game. Seems to have taken on greater significance now.

We also know Sanson won't ever play for us again. 

What a petulant child we have as a head coach - those who sourced him want **** off !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On paper this is a terrible team, same 3 in the middle with zero chemistry playing together.

I suppose its liken a broken clock, it's right 1 time per 24 hours or 2 times with an analogue clock.

Gerrard hoping they magically find that spark of luiz being quicker to pass, mgginn being able to pass to his own players and Ramsey being able to pass it to digne who is over lapping more than once in a game ?

That's a high expectation  and that's before putting ings and watkins on together from the start and hoping that suddenly goes well.

I think a large amount of fans wanted Chambers as a holding / defensive midfielder and a couple changes in the middle ? Looks like Gerrard will insist on keeping everything exactly how it is which has given us some of our worst performances in the last few years.

Wholesale changes ate apparently swapping ings for watkins, now he's made another whole sale change of putting watkins straight back and dropping emi.

Let's hope miracles happen 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

On paper this is a terrible team, same 3 in the middle with zero chemistry playing together.

I suppose its liken a broken clock, it's right 1 time per 24 hours or 2 times with an analogue clock.

Gerrard hoping they magically find that spark of luiz being quicker to pass, mgginn being able to pass to his own players and Ramsey being able to pass it to digne who is over lapping more than once in a game ?

That's a high expectation  and that's before putting ings and watkins on together from the start and hoping that suddenly goes well.

I think a large amount of fans wanted Chambers as a holding / defensive midfielder and a couple changes in the middle ? Looks like Gerrard will insist on keeping everything exactly how it is which has given us some of our worst performances in the last few years.

Wholesale changes ate apparently swapping ings for watkins, now he's made another whole sale change of putting watkins straight back and dropping emi.

Let's hope miracles happen 

It's his system don't ya know.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

But there's the problem - our best eleven aren't playing well, but they are our best eleven - it's hard to make changes without weakening us, but it's also hard to leave it as it is when it's not going well.

Right, but there’s a case of questioning whether it’s our best 11. Individually yes, but collectively? And are they doing enough to prove they’re the best?

It’s after the manager saying he needs to make some changes, then not changing anything which is the source of bewilderment.

I can actually see us getting something here, but I really want to be convinced by the project, not just satiated until next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Its like Steve Bruce tactics, take off the creator and stick another striker on. I expect we will see a lot more long balls from Mings/McGinn to because they will have no pass on. 

I'm trying to be patient and wait to see the actual setup but I swear this move feels so Brucian. Haven't scored in 2 games throw on another striker. 

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm looking forward to today's match. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I'm not thinking about our last match, or the one before that, I'm thinking about this afternoon.

I hope we put a couple or more in the Brighton net, and I hope the fans have a good time.

I'm also looking forward to watching how Bissouma plays, and more important "where he actually plays'.

Let's hope it's a good entertaining match.

Up the Villa!

This is a strange one, if Bissouma plays well and we lose then the clamour for him increases… if we win and he plays poorly, the forum will be full of posters slating Gerrard for wanting him.. 

Possibly the wrong game to judge Bissouma on regardless of how it goes.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Right, but there’s a case of questioning whether it’s our best 11. Individually yes, but collectively? And are they doing enough to prove they’re the best?

It’s after the manager saying he needs to make some changes, then not changing anything which is the source of bewilderment.

I can actually see us getting something here, but I really want to be convinced by the project, not just satiated until next week.

You’re after some romantic nourishment are you?

• Haha 1