Pre match thread

mottaloo

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Typical VAR,  Limpid rules the thread locked and VAR overrules.  can't even celebrate a thread locking these days.   ruining the game

Talldarkandransome judged offtopic by 2 microns. Good decision

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There were problems with the coach when we set off - when everyone got on, the same people sat in their usual seats at the back and then there weren't enough seats at the front - this left a massive gap in the middle but sadly the coaching staff couldn't see it - Douglas Luiz was sat there on his own and in the end everyone blamed him.

I have to say, this sums up the last 300 pages of tactics waffle so succinctly, I’d say it deserved some kind of award.🥇 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There were problems with the coach when we set off - when everyone got on, the same people sat in their usual seats at the back and then there weren't enough seats at the front - this left a massive gap in the middle but sadly the coaching staff couldn't see it - Douglas Luiz was sat there on his own and in the end everyone blamed him.

MINGS FFS

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Another baffling team selection. Not up in arms too much about Buendia being dropped as I think he's overrated on here and his numbers are very poor for an attacking midfielder, but Ings-Watkins has never worked up to now so not sure why Gerrard thinks it will today.

Gerrard watches these in training but sometimes I wonder what he sees as most of the first 11 are immune from getting dropped and never seem to turn up. They better had today.

If we f*** today up too I can see more fans turning if they haven't already. 

I thought Gerrard would by now have arrived at the point where he makes changes even if he doesn’t necessarily believe in them. But apparently not.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think Ollie will do very well from the right with Ings centrally. It’s a shame for Buendia though as he’s played some good stuff when while we’ve been crap. 

I think he'll play next to him or as a ten with a full back outside him. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

• Like 1