Pre match thread

mottaloo

Just now, theboyangel said:

What would you change? 

only thing for me is Buendia for one of Ings/Watkins otherwise who else is better and available!

I'd go Buendia and Bailey on wings with a single striker. Full backs playing full back, also I'd drop McGinn for Sanson. 

• Like 1

Just now, Herman22 said:

Very unusual line up. How are we setting up? 
Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Digne 

Luiz McGinn

JJ           Couthino

Ings Watkins 

I assume 4312 after last game that he tried to do it

What would you change? 

only thing for me is Buendia for one of Ings/Watkins otherwise who else is better and available!

I think everyone will instantly look to Watkins and Ings but for me personally this midfield has been shit for a long time now and almost same as deano the reluctance to break up the mcginn and Luiz pairing is maddening, it doesn't work and hasn't for a long time 

Sanson deserves a chance IMO 

• Like 4

Perhaps playing two strikers is about giving us a bit more ability to close their full backs out wide? I dunno.

I'm surprised people are quite so horrified with the rest of the selection other than Buendia being out.

And congratulations to Tommi O'Reilly on the bench again - he's done brilliantly.

What would you change? 

Watkins has been awful but gets straight back in. Buendia is the only one trying to do something. Watkins and Ings does not work one bit, the CM is the big issue and McGinn is just rolled out each week with Sanson on the bench. Two dreadful performances and losses and he's basically selected the same players since. So much for a shake up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1