Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I keep changing my mind on whether I respect that Percy's complete devotion to the art of the 'tap-in'meant that he didn't report something he knew about.

Or whether I would've preferred a reporter to report his info without it being gospel from the horse's mouth first 😄

Tbh Villa would probably be pissed off at Percy if he reported “Villa will snap up Chambers in the summer” as it gives any potential rivals a heads up on our plans. He’s likely expected not to post that sort of stuff.

• Like 4

They’re not happy he’s been allowed to leave for a free and some actually think he’s a tad underrated.

It’s a strange move all round really. I suppose he comes here as 3rd choice? Or 4th choice behind Hause? 

Either way, him and Hause are both starting new contracts now so maybe the management team are happy with Mings and Konsa for the foreseeable? I certainly like that partnership and don’t see the need to spend 30/40m on an upgrade just yet. We have other areas that need addressing first. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Damn, how bad did we think Axel was if Calum Chambers is an upgrade?

Awful. Checked his contributions this season. In the 5 x 90 min game and 45 mins vs Arsenal we shipped 10 goals while he was on the pitch. Lost 4 and drew against Brentford

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Are we going to sign a 4th choice this window? This is 5th or 6th super squad player 

It's pretty clear he's joining as Axel's replacement. CB and RB cover, DM if desperate, exactly the same as Axel. This is our 4th choice.

I think in the summer either Hause will have a minimum release clause in his new deal and we bumped his pay for 6 months to keep him through the season amid West Ham interest...Or Mings will leave.

Chambers/Hause/Konsa/Mings will not be how we anticipate our CB options being come August I don't think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Awful. Checked his contributions this season. In the 5 x 90 min game and 45 mins vs Arsenal we shipped 10 goals while he was on the pitch. Lost 4 and drew against Brentford

That Brentford game was a bit if a joke. They were screwed by covid and their team was vey weak. 

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I keep changing my mind on whether I respect that Percy's complete devotion to the art of the 'tap-in'meant that he didn't report something he knew about.

Or whether I would've preferred a reporter to report his info without it being gospel from the horse's mouth first 😄

He didn't report something he didn't think was going to happen. I'd say that's good journalism.

He could have put something out as a punt yeah. He'd be as bad as the twerp at the athletic.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not happy he’s been allowed to leave for a free and some actually think he’s a tad underrated.

It’s a strange move all round really. I suppose he comes here as 3rd choice? Or 4th choice behind Hause? 

Either way, him and Hause are both starting new contracts now so maybe the management team are happy with Mings and Konsa for the foreseeable? I certainly like that partnership and don’t see the need to spend 30/40m on an upgrade just yet. We have other areas that need addressing first. 

Seems a sensible shrewd move this. I agree, CB is not an area I’d look to upgrade now. I think we are a starting CM short of having an excellent squad. Will need a back up keeper again for next season and maybe a quality striker, but unless we have outgoings we should be set for next season. 

Just now, Villa87 said:

Seems a sensible shrewd move this. I agree, CB is not an area I’d look to upgrade now. I think we are a starting CM short of having an excellent squad. Will need a back up keeper again for next season and maybe a quality striker, but unless we have outgoings we should be set for next season. 

That’s how I see it, provided one of Coutinho or Bailey comes good. 

Once we sign Bissouma (:trollface:), we’ll have a very good team and squad of players. I actually think the position that needs upgrading after that would be Striker as you suggest. Somethings not right with Watkins. 

Centre back and keeper are 2 areas where most teams generally dont rotate, so we either sign someone who puts Konsa on the bench and we'd eventually lose him, or we sign someone who's happy to be back up but is competent enough to step in if required. He's not a sexy signing, but its a decent pick up

• Like 1

Â