Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's negligible but Arsenal fans convinced it's £2m not a free transfer.

Apparently it's a free transfer, but some are saying we're saving them £2m in wages. Probably Arsenal board trying to convince their fans.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Supposedly Arsenal save £2 million by dumping his contract so maybe that’s what they’re referring to?

Ha, they are dumb enough for anything, they are becoming just a Villa feeder club as someone else said earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We have signed 4 International quality players in Coutinho, Digne, Olsen and Chambers this window yet every single one has received negative comments on here.... It's mind blowing! What were these people expecting?!

If we signed Mbappe on deadline day I reckon there would be some who would turn it into a negative. 

Mbappe would only use us as a stepping stone. No thanks.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

We have signed 4 International quality players in Coutinho, Digne, Olsen and Chambers this window yet every single one has received negative comments on here.... It's mind blowing! What were these people expecting?!

If we signed Mbappe on deadline day I reckon there would be some who would turn it into a negative. 

The giveaway is VillaTALK

It doesn't matter who we sign, we will TALK about them. That generally means discussing the positives and the negatives about the players. It doesn't have to be boolean and be we love him or hate him. Most people like the players we are signing but they have an open mind to see BOTH the positives and the negatives. Chambers is a decent player and maybe a smart purchase but we are allowed to discuss the negatives. I don't think it would be possible to sign a 27 year CB from Arsenal on a free that doesn't have any negatives 

I'm completely with the underwhelmed and never impressed with with him sentiment on here. 

I just can't for the life of me understand why we haven't signed Ruben Dias on a free to be our 4th choice centre back.

Gerrard is nuts, this guy will flounder trying to replace the mighty, all action Tuanzebe. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm completely with the underwhelmed and never impressed with with him brigade on here. 

I just can't for the life of me understand why we haven't signed Ruben Dias on a free to be our 4th choice centre back.

Gerrard is nuts, this guy will flounder trying to replace the mighty, all action Tuanzebe. 

We blew 25m on Digne and Mendy is there and can't get into the City team at the moment. Our recruitment team are clueless

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Great signing. Better than Tuanzebe and cost buttons.

As a free transfer I suspect his wages are comparable, if not lower to Tuanzebe's as he just signed a new contract. And we own the contract and don't have to worry about replacing Axel in the summer. If we bought Axel he would probably cost 10m+. Financially, this is a very smart acquisition. Hopefully, he will turn out to be a smart acquisition from a footballing perspective as well 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Some people just automatically look for the negatives, others look for the positives. You see it a lot in business. I dont hire people who only see problems, I just hire people who see solutions. 

But this is a fan forum so we dont get a choice who posts here :)

Literally never heard of this guy. I thought he might have been an academy signing when the announcement popped up on my phone. 

Might pop over to Twitter and read the unimaginative trolling from Arsenal fans before deciding what to think. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Some people just automatically look for the negatives, others look for the positives. You see it a lot in business. I dont hire people who only see problems, I just hire people who see solutions. 

But this is a fan forum so we dont get a choice who posts here :)

I don't hire people who only see positives. I hire people who are able to see the negatives too. Finding the solutions is the easy bit, identifying the problem is the tricky bit

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Great signing. Better than Tuanzebe and cost buttons.

We now have a starting eleven that is filled with really competent premier league players. The next task is to have the bench at a not too different standard to.the firs team. If Digne gets a knock we now have Targett, if Konsa is out we now have Chambers etc. Its looking much stronger collectively now after this window.

• Like 2

Â