Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

A very good addition. What shocks me is how shocked the rest of England/Britain seem to be at the level of ambition we are showing. Let’s have it straight, we are the biggest club in the midlands. Not taking anything away from Leicester and what they did. This is what Villa have always been capable of when run right from top to bottom. 

• Like 1

Well with all the talk on twitter from the ever reliable ITK's not to mentioned Gregg Evan's, fabrizzo Romano, nursery and alan Nixon all with their ear to the ground this has been flagged for weeks now so its no surprise to any of us. Journalism is alive and well. 

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Not the truth though, just an opinion, which of course you are fully entitled to. Doesn't mean it's right though!!

Yeah I should have said what I believe is the truth, did think that after I posted it. And I'm normally positive about almost all our players, my opinion may yet change but I've just never been a fan of Chambers.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A very good addition. What shocks me is how shocked the rest of England/Britain seem to be at the level of ambition we are showing. Let’s have it straight, we are the biggest club in the midlands. Not taking anything away from Leicester and what they did. This is what Villa have always been capable of when run right from top to bottom. 

Only reason we can show ambition is because of the owners.

We are not self sustained like those mega clubs.

We won the lottery ticket. It's time to be grateful not be boasting.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think there are some parallels between this signing and when we initially brought in Mings in on loan.

In what way exactly? We pinned a lot of our hopes on the signing of Mings, not doing anything near that with Chambers.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Again, we don't have Tier 1 journos. Not even the mythic Percy had a whiff about this deal.

Percy said that he had heard about it yesterday but that it would be in the summer.

Makes me think something has gone on in the background :detect:

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Should be a decent signing for what we need, a reserve CB who replaces Tuanzebe. I think he’s likely to turn out better than Axel. 

Arsenal haven’t exactly been known for their defensive prowess so when we’re labelling him as shit, it might be worth remembering that he’s been part of a terrible back four in a team that can’t defend. I’m not saying he’ll be amazing, but he’s probably not as bad as some are making out, and will be fine for what we need right now.

Fair point. I had written him off as poor but Arsenal’s whole defence was a car crash when he played so most defenders would struggle in that environment. 

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

He only turned 27 last week!

He seems to have been around forever.

That makes this deal an awful lot more attractive. There is potential there and we could possibly sell at a profit in a year or two if we wanted

Â