Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s a strange move all round really. I suppose he comes here as 3rd choice? Or 4th choice behind Hause?

i would guess he's back up to konsa and hause is back up to mings

I obviously haven't watched him play as much as our resident Calum Chambers experts who have seen him be crap every time they've watched him but I can definitely remember him coming on and playing well against us in our first season back.

The one we lost 3-2, he scored as well iirc.

• Like 1

I love when we announce signings out of the blue!

I think this is a very shrewd move. We needed cover at RCB. I think it’s good to have Mings and Konsa as our clear starters and let them glue together even more, Konsa I think is really top class. Had we brought in someone more expensive who would expect to start then we would risk to change the dynamic and disrupt, a little bit like the Watkins, Ings situation. I’m very happy to have a cover for Konsa that can push him, but not over take him.

I’ve always been quite fond of CC, although I thought he was more of a RB than CB. If I remember correctly he has been a bit shakey at CB but really good at RB, and of course great in Fulham as DCM.

He is for sure a talented player and technically gifted, a proper footballer. You are not a product of the Saints academy, all those U21 caps and England call up without being talented, so enough of the being crap talk, even if you have seen the odd game where he has had a howler.

Are we btw sure that he is brought in as a RCD? Perhaps a squad player who can cover a couple of positions?

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re not happy he’s been allowed to leave for a free and some actually think he’s a tad underrated.

It’s a strange move all round really. I suppose he comes here as 3rd choice? Or 4th choice behind Hause? 

Either way, him and Hause are both starting new contracts now so maybe the management team are happy with Mings and Konsa for the foreseeable? I certainly like that partnership and don’t see the need to spend 30/40m on an upgrade just yet. We have other areas that need addressing first. 

Yes. Although, at the earliest possible opportunity, when we don't have such pressing needs elsewhere in our squad, I truly hope we will spend whatever we need to spend in order to replace Tyrone Mings.

IMO he is a major problem for us, and getting worse. 

Look, let's be fair to Calum. First of all, he's not what we expected but, what did we expect? He's a back-up right centre back who can be utilised at right back if needed. He's got bucket loads of experience too.

Yes, he's not set the Premier League alight in the past but, he wasn't playing for Villa then so gives a toss?

He's one of ours now so please let's support him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Just read page 1 of 12 but, did you mean to write:

Where did that shit come from? 

From my understanding. “Where the shit…” is usually said in positive, surprised context. “Where did that shit come from” is usually a negative.

59 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Centre back and keeper are 2 areas where most teams generally dont rotate, so we either sign someone who puts Konsa on the bench and we'd eventually lose him, or we sign someone who's happy to be back up but is competent enough to step in if required. He's not a sexy signing, but its a decent pick up

Man Utd rotate CBs quite a lot 😀

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It's negligible but Arsenal fans convinced it's £2m not a free transfer.

Supposedly Arsenal save £2 million by dumping his contract so maybe that’s what they’re referring to?

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Â