Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I think he's a great pick up for exactly what we need - but wonder why Arsenal let him run his contract down though

Don't they do that with just about nearly all their players, the only one I can think of that they renewed a contract for recently is Aubameyang. The exception is ESR. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think he's a great pick up for exactly what we need - but wonder why Arsenal let him run his contract down though

Wonder what Arsenal are doing? There’s literally no logic to what Arsenal do.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Wonder what Arsenal are doing? There’s literally no logic to what Arsenal do.

Probably just don't think he's good enough.

I mean let's be honest, we're signing this guy as a 3rd/4th choice CB as well as cover for RB. He probably isn't very good. Just good enough for cover.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

What a flippant comment. 

1) His wages would be obscene 

2) It would be a massive gamble, he's completely unproven in the PL

3) He would only be using us as a stepping stone to Liverpool anyway. 

4) In 5 years time he would be 28 and past it. 

I rest my case M'lud. 

In fairness, I think he would make a great DCM with the right coaching. We may be missing a trick here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Probably just don't think he's good enough.

I mean let's be honest, we're signing this guy as a 3rd/4th choice CB as well as cover for RB. He probably isn't very good. Just good enough for cover.

I'd take over Gabriel and Holding.

• Like 1

I’d be keen to know the terms of this transfer around how much playing time he’s expecting.

Surely he’s not joined us to sit on our bench instead of Arsenals and I don’t see him as good enough to dislodge Mings, Konsa or Cash.

It’s good cover along with Hause and Targett for the defence, but for the starting XI, I don’t know.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

So just to be clear, the press know absolutely **** all about our business. Literally nothing. 

even the great Percy has missed a few of our recent signings. The club has stopped leaking to any journos now

Surprise signing yes but more than a tad underwhelming as every time I’ve seen him playing for the gunners he’s been dogshit. Tuanzebe was a much better back up so for Villa’s sake I hope he doesn’t get too much game time. Surprised Gerrard sanctioned this and no I don’t believe Newcastle would have wanted him.

I think its a good bit of business, when you weigh up all the factors.

He is a functional signing and in view of the shortage of defenders in our squad, he is welcome, imo.....and I see similar type players in the prem, with other clubs, who seem to be doing ok.

He isn't a marquee signing and wasn't meant to be....but he is a bit of a utility player and that is very useful....sounds like he is pleased to join us too.

sound move by Villa, on this.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d be keen to know the terms of this transfer around how much playing time he’s expecting.

Surely he’s not joined us to sit on our bench instead of Arsenals and I don’t see him as good enough to dislodge Mings, Konsa or Cash.

It’s good cover along with Hause and Targett for the defence, but for the starting XI, I don’t know.

Its competition, they have to fight for the shirt....if he does that and eclipses the current 2 centre backs , that is what competition is.

for too long, many of our players have had no one to challenge them.....thats unhealthy.

He might be a dud, but he might surprise us too.....no big fee, what is there to lose?

SG wants competition and isn't bothered about, sulky faces.

Â