Lucas Digne

villan-scott

From what i have seen I dont think is much difference from Targett. Targett is better defensively but Digne is better going forward though most of his assists seem to be from set pieces. Targett might actually be faster 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

From what i have seen I dont think is much difference from Targett. Targett is better defensively but Digne is better going forward though most of his assists seem to be from set pieces. Targett might actually be faster 

At the very least it will bring competition for places, we saw whilst temporary, Traore coming in lifted El Ghazi and also Trez for a few games and they actually kept Traore out the side for a bit early on.

if Digne comes in and Targett ups his game then it’s still all good with me.

The one thing competition brings in a squad is elevated performances or you know who to sell pretty quickly 

5 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

At the very least it will bring competition for places, we saw whilst temporary, Traore coming in lifted El Ghazi and also Trez for a few games and they actually kept Traore out the side for a bit early on.

if Digne comes in and Targett ups his game then it’s still all good with me.

The one thing competition brings in a squad is elevated performances or you know who to sell pretty quickly 

Of course if it makes Targett better then im all for it but for ne strengthening the squad is to really upgrade on Targett

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not statistically he isn't. 

• Like 3

Big upgrade on Targett who has gone stagnant. It’s another statement signing if it goes through. Everyone was sure he was off to Chelsea. But now he’s not good enough for us?! Laughable. Equally, we need bodies who can come in and know the league well, and have the quality to hit the ground running. He ticks all the boxes. Given that Targett cost £15m, this is also great value for money. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not statistically he isn't. 

He currently plays for the most defensive manager in the league. His defensive stats should look better

I prefer the eyeball test

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He currently plays for the most defensive manager in the league. His defensive stats should look better

I prefer the eyeball test

Then you didn't see much of him prior to Rafaball.  He's one of the best attacking fullbacks in the Prem.  Digne is a huge upgrade on Targett all around.  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Then you didn't see much of him prior to Rafaball.  He's one of the best attacking fullbacks in the Prem.  Digne is a huge upgrade on Targett all around.  

I seen him before he is decent going forward but a lot of his attacking stats seem to be from set pieces. He is a good player technically but I dont think he is a major upgrade for the cost

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I seen him before he is decent going forward but a lot of his attacking stats seem to be from set pieces. He is a good player technically but I dont think he is a major upgrade for the cost

Targett was £17 million. Getting Digne in for £25million or less seems like a good value upgrade?

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Glacial erosion is faster than Matt Targett

• Haha 1

We're chillin with the big dogs now, £25m isn't a massive fee, we will sign players for that sum that don't work out just by virtue of the fact that most of our signings will cost that if not more and not every signing works. Also I think we will still sign Hickey or some equivalent in the summer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Targett was £17 million. Getting Digne in for £25million or less seems like a good value upgrade?

on financial paper its an upgrade but not on the pitch. Digne is one of the highest paid players at Everton

I just feel its lazy recruitment

• Thanks 1

I've always quite liked him at Everton but his form has dropped in last 12 months. Pretty sure he still started for France in last international games.

Perhaps we can't quite get the long term prospect we want at LB just yet and Digne will be experienced stop gap for 18 months.

I think if we sign him Targett will be sold in the summer otherwise it dosen't really make sense to have three LBs in the squad long term.

Edited by VillaChris

Â