Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

53 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

With our recent schedule of games could you seriously see him being physically capable of contributing anything to us at anything like tge standard required   He’d have been a total passenger in the last two PL games and we couldn’t afford passengers in either of those two games. A very expensive luxury player I’m afraid. 

Yeah we seem to be doing fine without him, amazing player in his prime but we should have never made his move permanent very poor recruitment and putting that one 100% on slippy!

53 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

I felt we could have utilised him at least in the ECL games and as an impact sub in some PL games. But his body can't seem to withstand the walking football standard that is the Qatari League, so there's no way we could bank on him here. 

A real shame, those moments of quality against Yanited, Leedzzz and Soton at home and Leedzzz away offered a tantalising prospect of better things to come. 

Absolute shambles vs Stevenage 

• 4 weeks later...

Sure why not. No idea how the MLS salary system works these days. Their ex Barca dads army is getting rather big as it is.

Inter Miami could reportedly move to sign Aston Villa playmaker Philippe Coutinho, who is currently out on loan at Qatar Stars League club Al-Duhail.

The 31-year-old attacking midfielder has had a nightmare 12 months having lost his place in Unai Emery’s first-team plans and suffering with fitness issues.

However, according to AS, MLS could be an avenue for Coutinho, with Inter Miami interested in signing the former FC Barcelona superstar, alongside the LA Galaxy.

Lauded as ‘exceptional’ by former Liverpool teammate Roberto Firmino, a move to Florida with Lionel Messi and company could be what’s needed to get Coutinho’s career back on track.

However, with Inter Miami already signing Luis Suarez this winter, the Herons could struggle with MLS salary rules to bring in Coutinho this month unless a non-Designated Player deal can de done.

https://www.intermiami.news/transfers/inter-miami-could-now-move-to-sign-exceptional-aston-villa-player/

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 11:12, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

What's equally worrying to his performances or injuries is that he doesn't seem to be offering them much star power either. So he's not adding anything from a commercial point of view to their league. 

He had a very short career peak of a couple of years at Liverpool when he was genuinely world-class. The rest of his career at Inter Milan, Barcelona, Bayern, and at Villa is deeply underwhelming.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Sure why not. No idea how the MLS salary system works these days. Their ex Barca dads army is getting rather big as it is.

https://www.intermiami.news/transfers/inter-miami-could-now-move-to-sign-exceptional-aston-villa-player/

The designated player thing let's them sign players above the salary cap. They've already used their designated player limit with Gregore, Busquets, and Messi.and they've used the Targetted allocation money (a pot of cash they can use on top of salaries) to bump up Suarez's effective salary.

So basically the only way they sign him is if he accepts a weekly wage of about $12k, or they sell one of Gregore/Messi/Busquets.

Been a bit unlucky with injuries but he's clearly not going to get a look in here anymore and the quicker we get him off the books the better.

Been here two years now I think so about £8.5m left in the amortisation figures. Can't really see us getting any kind of transfer fee for him.

51 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The designated player thing let's them sign players above the salary cap. They've already used their designated player limit with Gregore, Busquets, and Messi.and they've used the Targetted allocation money (a pot of cash they can use on top of salaries) to bump up Suarez's effective salary.

So basically the only way they sign him is if he accepts a weekly wage of about $12k, or they sell one of Gregore/Messi/Busquets.

Messi, Alba, Busquets, Suarez there already and potentially Coutinho feels complicated. Or they are getting paid in some other way.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If he could stay fit I'm sure he would have done well under Emery. 

Not saying he didn't have a few moments but legs were gone for PL intensity from day 1. That was clearly obvious. There's Liverpool school of thought that they improved massively after his sale for megabucks at the time

The game verses Leeds, which he ran, are the things I'm holding on to.

His goal against Man City too.

I'll forget his game verses Stevenage, where he tried about 5 30 yarders and failed miserably on all of them :lol: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If he could stay fit I'm sure he would have done well under Emery. 

You won't be surprised to know that he's pretty much stayed for since he's been here in Qatar 🙃.

Guaranteed if we decided to take him back, he'd twist/rupture his ACL lifting luggage out the plane in an awkward angle, at BHX and be out for remainder of the season 🤣

An incredible, incredible footballer, no doubt. Imagine how good he must have been at 25? 

I was his biggest fan. The performance against Leeds was just scintillating. One of the best I've seen from an individual at VP.

Sadly however, most on here were probably right. His legs had gone and his performances dropped off significantly. Shame. 

• Like 1

Â