Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Anyone know how he’s been doing?

Played 6 games since he came back from injury, he played full 90 in 3 of those and has scored 3 goals and got 1 assist. 

I believe that this was a 2 year Loan deal though? Where they have option to extend it or something?

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Played 6 games since he came back from injury, he played full 90 in 3 of those and has scored 3 goals and got 1 assist. 

I believe that this was a 2 year Loan deal though? Where they have option to extend it or something?

Oh it was a two year deal? Wonder if they paid us a massive loan fee?

He was undoubtedly a very talented footballer but now  he can’t get or stay fit enough to play at the level required for us in the PL or any other competitions we’re competing in. It was a risky signing not bad as a loan but ridiculous once we’d had a chance to look at him properly to ever make it permanent. All part of the vanity project by our former CEO to help his pals from Liverpool. I have no ill will for Coutinho but I’m afraid his first class football career is now over and was a few years ago at Barcelona, who turned us over thanks to an unfathonable decision add my Christian Purslow. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Oh it was a two year deal? Wonder if they paid us a massive loan fee?

Doubt it. I'd suggest there was zero loan fee and they pay 50% of his wages. That would still be a £3.25 million cost to them and similar saving to us. 

On 28/09/2023 at 23:35, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Winning goal and MOTM for Al Duhail yesterday.

Watch him be injury free for the whole season now as well lol

Shocking standard that suits his (lack of) pace. Great player in his day but he is at least 6 years beyond his "best by" date and the Premier League is also a lot stronger now than in PC's glory days.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2023 at 13:31, zab6359 said:

Nope move on!

With our recent schedule of games could you seriously see him being physically capable of contributing anything to us at anything like tge standard required   He’d have been a total passenger in the last two PL games and we couldn’t afford passengers in either of those two games. A very expensive luxury player I’m afraid. 

I felt we could have utilised him at least in the ECL games and as an impact sub in some PL games. But his body can't seem to withstand the walking football standard that is the Qatari League, so there's no way we could bank on him here. 

A real shame, those moments of quality against Yanited, Leedzzz and Soton at home and Leedzzz away offered a tantalising prospect of better things to come. 

Â