Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair, it's @Follyfoot who's asking the questions to the poster.

Like many of us, we were trying to understand what @Tayls was trying to get at in his post to begin with.

Nothing in particular really, just how I feel after only four league games so far.

- allowing Coutinho to leave despite his popularity amongst the team and the fact we are short on players. We aren’t having the best of luck are we? 

- The performances against Newcastle and Liverpool were nothing short of a disgrace. I don’t care who the opponent is, we should be progressing and be competitive in all games if we want to get somewhere. 

- the body language of some players during those games was also quite telling. Some of them just were not assed. 

- the Tielemans comments about not playing - after 4 games. 

Those questions asked by @Follyfoot may be things they are worried about... we’re moving off topic here now, and I have no idea where to discuss this stuff. If I try to make a thread which is negative in any way people have a melt down. Personally, I’m not happy with things, and allowing Coutinho to go, adds to that. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Nothing in particular really, just how I feel after only four league games so far.

- allowing Coutinho to leave despite his popularity amongst the team and the fact we are short on players. We aren’t having the best of luck are we? 

- The performances against Newcastle and Liverpool were nothing short of a disgrace. I don’t care who the opponent is, we should be progressing and be competitive in all games if we want to get somewhere. 

- the body language of some players during those games was also quite telling. Some of them just were not assed. 

Those questions asked by @Follyfoot may be things they are worried about... we’re moving off topic here now, and I have no idea where to discuss this stuff. If I try to make a thread which is negative in anyway people have a melt down. Personally, I’m not happy with things, and allowing Coutinho to go, adds to that. 

Thanks. I see where you're at and we have not got off to the start we might have hoped for, I agree.

As for Coutinho, I really don't think with him leaving will make that much difference to us as a team - based on his contribution with us since he signed permanently, he's seen more of the pyshio table than he did the grass of the pitch.

I think the reason to move him on was more of a business descision whereby we are paying this guy astronomical wages but he was injured more times than available and not really offering us anything except false hope.

It's nothing personal against the player, but he is finished at this level and has been for some time. I think it was best for both club and player that we parted ways.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Those questions asked by @Follyfoot may be things they are worried about... we’re moving off topic here now, and I have no idea where to discuss this stuff. If I try to make a thread which is negative in any way people have a melt down. Personally, I’m not happy with things, and allowing Coutinho to go, adds to that. 

Its almost like you forgot something incredibly important about that Neecastke game that distracted our players to suit your agenda

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see where you're at and we have not got off to the start we might have hoped for, I agree

6 points from 12 despite the brutal late injuries (the psychological impact of one of which played a big part in the Newcastle loss IMO) and progression to the group in Europe is pretty respectable. Sure I’d prefer to have beaten one of Liverpool and Newcastle but it’s not often we do either, however good we are (Newcastle at SJP at least). We are par at worst right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WM on about our thin squad depth. Does anyone else think it was a mistake to let PC go? Surely , if fit, he could have played a part from the bench in cup and Euro games at least.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Hev said:

WM on about our thin squad depth. Does anyone else think it was a mistake to let PC go? Surely , if fit, he could have played a part from the bench in cup and Euro games at least.

I don’t mean this harshly in response to your question, but I think that has been discussed to death now. A load of people wanted him to leave to ‘free up wages’ and think it was the best thing for Villa to do financially and because of his injuries. Myself and probably not many others wanted him to stick around, not only is he another option but he was also great to have amongst the players etc. However, he has gone now, he won’t play another game for us. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hev said:

Spotted the fatal flaw in your hypothesis 

FWIW I agree in principle, but all the evidence from his time here suggests that he's physically finished at the top level 

53 minutes ago, Hev said:

Our squad isnt thin. In previous years we would have loved to have Bailey Duran JJ Dendoncker Tielemans Moreno Lenglet Traore Carlos and Chambers as back up to our first team.  despite losing Emi and Ty for the season. 

1 hour ago, Hev said:

Herein lies the problem.

He was never fit and we can't afford to be paying someone 175k a week for nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hev said:

It really wasnt, he isnt of the required standard for the Premier League anymore and probably not in the Europa Conference either. He hasnt even been fit to get a game in Qatar yet

7 hours ago, Hev said:

No. We have Traore to come back, Kellyman to get minutes, Bailey not a starter at the moment either. We're fine in those more attacking positions.

Â