Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

47 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

According to slippy G, he just needs a bit of luck. - 

Gerrard on Philippe Coutinho: "We signed Phil, you could see from afar he wasn't happy at Barcelona. The age he's at and the talent he's got, I have full confidence in him. The stats suggest he's not at his best, but we will give him evety bit of support he needs.

"He's pushing and trying. Like the team, he might just need some luck. But you don't lose talent and class. He blew the roof off Villa Patk [when he arrived]. It is still there, my opinion on him won't change ever."

Jesus wept

Where does this leave Coutinho?

Firstly I don't think you can judge ANY players performances under slippy.  We've been a basket case for some time under him. Pretty much every player has gone backwards. 

Coutinho looked really good when he first came in but like every other player was dragged down by Gerrard. 

So will Coutinho want out now his mate isn’t here any more? 

Will he move heaven and earth to get a move? Is his stock still high enough that someone else will pay a fee and his wages or are we stuck with a player who doesn't want to be here but we can't get off our books? 

Will he become an expensive mistake and a drain on us? 

Or is there an actual proper competent manager out there who can come in and build a team around him and get him back on it again? 

Coutinho is the most worrying / interesting feature to watch as this unfolds I think. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where does this leave Coutinho?

Firstly I don't think you can judge ANY players performances under slippy.  We've been a basket case for some time under him. Pretty much every player has gone backwards. 

Coutinho looked really good when he first came in but like every other player was dragged down by Gerrard. 

So will Coutinho want out now his mate isn’t here any more? 

Will he move heaven and earth to get a move? Is his stock still high enough that someone else will pay a fee and his wages or are we stuck with a player who doesn't want to be here but we can't get off our books? 

Will he become an expensive mistake and a drain on us? 

Or is there an actual proper competent manager out there who can come in and build a team around him and get him back on it again? 

Coutinho is the most worrying / interesting feature to watch as this unfolds I think. 

One of three things will happen:

1. A new manager who knows what he is doing get the best out of him - WIN

2. He is sold and we don't have to watch him waddling round the pitch any more - WIN

3. No one wants to buy him and he ends up in a bomb squad - LOSE

Despite him being Stevies mate, he is a professional and will want to play and want to play well. Either 1 or 2 will happen, 3 is unlikely - he won't want to sit there just stealing a wage and not playing. He is not Lescott.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Play him out wide or an inside 10 alongside Emi and we’ve got a different player. He will prove himself again, 

You can't play them together and he's played out wide and been awful. He can't run he drops his shoulder and goes nowhere he gots nothing left. He's not a premier league player anymore he's shot to bits. He was last season.

Does nobody here actually watch him?

As I’ve said before he needs to adapt his game - he needs others to do his running for him but he can still find space in the box and he still has excellent passing. The youngsters who train with him as well will be benefiting so much from him. 

Maybe a 30 minute a game player now. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

As I’ve said before he needs to adapt his game - he needs others to do his running for him but he can still find space in the box and he still has excellent passing. The youngsters who train with him as well will be benefiting so much from him. 

Maybe a 30 minute a game player now. 

He doesn't have excellent passing though. He strikes a ball well but he doesn't see or make great passes.

He made his name and game from shifting the ball and scoring goals. He's never been a great passer and he hadn't been since he's been here. That's not his game. Emi can come on be just as frustrating but can often play those cute passes into strikers paths. I've not seen Coutinho do that at all.

It's all sideways and nothing cutting edge.

He's a goal scoring instinctive striker of the ball that has no sharpness about him anymore.

Edit : the most assists he ever got for some really good liverpool teams is 7  a season and it's generally 2s and 3s.

People so desperately want to see something with Coutinho that isn't there.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

Â